I want to quit

Posted , 9 users are following.

I just don't know how much longer I can go on feeling like this. I feel sick all the time. I'm constantly taking my temp bc I feel like I have a fever. I'm anxious and depressed. It seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I can't motivate myself to even get out of bed. I'm at 4 1/2 weeks and just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

You've come this far! I highly recommend giving it a couple more weeks because you're almost past the stage that side effects start decreasing. I had a couple of OK days in week 4 but it wasn't until week 5 that i could feel the meds working a bit, then each week started to slowly improve. Definitely don't go up in dosage because that will only increase your negative side effects. Let the 10mg settle in. Please hang in there!

• Posted

Thanks Aquin! I'm going to try to keep going. Just so tired of feeling sick and feverish all the time. I keep thinking this surely has to turn a corner soon. Thanks for your support. I hope you're tolerating your recent increase well. Xx

• Posted

Hang in there Jennifer!!!

It will get better Hun. I know it's hard but you need to give it time. Getting in contact with your GP is a great start. Keep on this forum. Sooo many helpful people on here to give you good advice and motivation. It WILL get better!

E

• Posted

It's hard jennifer I'm on 26 days and last night anxiety was so bad I had panic attack I thought I was g enter but then few days anxious feelings arrived then last night was he'll on earth,today had to take on. 5 mg lorazepam as d go it's helped me to but my doc on phone said I've to go back to head doctor,,he tried Ivinghoe me periz one thing up made me too stoned so he tried me on propanol which are you body urn it's like I'm going sensitive to me s he said ,so here I am not more than 2 hours sleep and body shaky in side I'm reading people's comments and helps to know ,im not alone,, and others give me personally it will get better thank God for forums like this xx ,

• Posted

Jennifer hi tried to reply below but read it back was alot typing mistakes so here I am again I just want to say m n day 26 20mgand thought I was getting better until few days anxiety brought on panic attack all last night slept so hand 2 hours today had to take 0.5mg lorazepam to see me through but I hate taking tablets I panic about them,,,well I read loads saying the worst weeks are 3rd and 4th I'm praying I get into week 5 different person I too suffer mad sweats n shivers but h

The shaky jitteryiness in my belly the worst but I'm due my period does thatthings worse,,,,I have hope and so should you xxxx please keep us updated

• Posted

I am on Flouextine because of hormones as I am going through perimenopause, having read into everything to do with hormones, anxiety, anti depressants & menopause (in my case) I would confidentially say that Yes hormones can cause problems with moods, feeling anxiety and panic, the dips in estrogen and progesterone during your cycle can effect your serotonin levels. Try some herbal tablets Magnesium and flaxseed are good but they take a month or so to work so don't expect to feel better immediately.

• Posted

Wow that makes sense I'm 46 and periods got worse and I'm all over place I also have underachievement thyroid and b12 deficiency so could all this be factors to my madness feelings,,,I was on fluoxetine for years with amytrpyline but came off them thought was ok boom bit later it tarted stress brought everything on here I am ck to fluoxetine which I never had all these symptoms before I feel like I'm being ordered some as all poles n put does help me so much thankyou s

• Posted

B12 deficiencies are common symptoms of perimenopause, perimenopause causes symptoms the same as thyroid issues causes. Peri starts around 42 years & can last for 10 - 12 years until periods stop for a year this is then menopause. Most people don't notice peri symptoms until periods get irregular and then they are nearly through it.

Relaxation is key, natural foods, no sugary or processed foods helped me (I am not talking about munching hemp seeds etc but sugar is the worse as it mucks up insulin levels which in turn effect serotonin and hormones)

• Posted

Thankyou I I'll end into it as periods of heavier and iregular but i could cope with pain ,,,sweats xx but the jittery shakiness inside causes me panic then it begins,,,,I have to get bloods done im not eating great so im lacking in vitamins i did buy gold multivitamins but read some interfer with fluoxetine it just confuses me x I will try magnesium and lax flaxseed for starters thankyou kindly x

• Posted

Also I'm doing bit breathing meditation and trying start yoga for help to relax x i was doing ok with sleep until last night when it all came to a head then hardly slept xx just want my old self back xxxxxxga f

• Posted

HI does it matter what strength flaxseed capsules are now looking on holland and Barrett x
    • Posted

Oh and hatwhat magnesium do you recommend thankyou much appreciated xxx
    • Posted

You need 1000mg per day of flaxseed these balance hormones if your periods are irregular take agnus castra & Magnesium with work along with flouextine. My periods were all over the place my anxiety through the roof but 8 weeks on flaxseed and Agnes has made them more regular.

Meditation and hypnotherapy are the best it's all about the mind and keeping it relaxed

• Posted

I was thinking doing hypnotherapy I do meditate to relax me but when I'm bad anxious I can sit still but I will take on board all of your help and advice made feel better thankyou x

• Posted

Hi April,

I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time too. This drug is definitely rough to get on. I too am so very thankful for this forum. I spent days thinking I was the only person who had ever gone thru this and thought surely something must be wrong with me. Everyone on here is so supportive and encouraging. Hang in there! Xx

• Posted

Thankyou jennifer I thought I was alone this forum has made me happy today as I can get advice and support life and sanity saver thankyou for help kindly appreciated xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.