i want to stop propanolol what should o i do

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been taking propanolol for about 9months now at 40mg daily and i want to stop, i missed a day and had serious effects of headache palpitation and finger tremor

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely see your GP before stopping. I think you have to be weaned off Propranalol gradually otherwise you can suffer with extreme symptoms by stopping suddenly. I'm on 40mg 3xday and once went a day without them and started to feel quite rough just like I did before I went on them. Always best to check first.

• Posted

hi deb ive no meds until i see the doctor today i had my last propranolol at 10pm saturday night will i be ok im on 40mg 3x a day also xxx

• Posted

Hi, this is the first time ive used any forums. I have been on 160mg slow release for anxiety for nearly 2 years now, and they work an absolute treat... No problem at all. I moved address and I had to move GP. When having the meeting the GP she insisted taking me off the specific slow release. Gave me standard 40mg to take 2 twice a day. I'm now gone back to panic attack, anxiety. There was absolutely no reason other than her stating the guidelines , and refused to give me slow release. Has this happen to anyone else?? Thanks in advance

• Posted

you know the body system is unique its already used to the 160mg you've been taking so reduction to 40mg made your body to react to the change. mine was after i missed a single dose then i started having symptoms again... so i think you should give the complaint to your GP again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.