i was diagnosed with diverticulitis about 8 months ago.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I Suffer from lots of wind and stomach noises especially at night. I'm bloated and have slight pains occasionally. I've not been back to the doctors since. My surgeon in hospital said they would operate if it didn't settle down. I'm a long distance lorry driver away from home Monday to Friday and I'm worried of complications whilst I'm away 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Paul

I'm sorry I could not advise you on this one

I'm only a 3 months suffer

I'm sure there are a lot of DD on this Forum who will be able to help

They are very good with good advise

Sorry

• Posted

Paul i have near enough the exact same as u the noises u get in stomach is it both sides like mines when u say about operate what does that involve i am sure i have diverticulitis also pains in my back is awful..
    • Posted

Hello Bob 

The surgery involves removal of the infected part of the bowel it was explained to me that diverticulitis is caused by blocked pockets in your colon and they get infected . It was also explained to me that I could end up with a colostomy bag . 

• Posted

Hi paul i had a colonoscopy back in april 2013 and everything seemed ok apart from a bit of inflamation but i have having all these problems like urself i am gettin colonnoscopy in early january again...will that show the blocked pockets in colon you mention about..
    • Posted

Hi 

It should do yes it did with me , they took two polyps from me at the same time sent them to be checked and the results came back clear . Definitely go see your GP 

• Posted

So ur still in discomfort paul what medication did the put you on i went to GP last week got sent to hospital got blood took that came back fine...had a word with consultant he thinks i have a touch of ibs and thats why am to have colonoscopy done can they really tell wots going on with the bowel from blood tests there something deffo wrong with me my bowel left hand side gurgles as if its fulling up and i have to break wind and it can happen alot in a day bloody getting me down..
    • Posted

Colonoscopy tells them everything Bob you can watch it on the screen if your awake they sedate you 
    • Posted

They took lots of blood tests , at first they thought it was appendicitis, I'm not on medication other than paracetamol
    • Posted

Its just bowel in left hand side there going to concentrate on paul i heard consultant say will that tell also if its diverticulitis its that and ibs just at the one bit..i get gurglin at my right hand side also and sometimes pain my mum when she was alive had a tear in her bowel and had to have op for colostomy bag hope i dont go down that road thats all i think when i get pain and break wind alot at left hand side
  • Posted

Hello Paul, DON'T panic, it only causes stress, which will not help yyour D.D

As you are bloating ,your diet is probably caused by your diet, and sitting in a 

bent position for hours on end won't help.

Didn't your doctor prescribe MEBEVERINE for bloating? It's the only drug that I take willingly, because it really works .ASK FOR SOME.!!!!!

Goodjob you are alone in your cab with the wind.

Go to DIVI DINERS forum, lots of good info on food

Don't worry .you have now got a shed load of friends who are here to ask

questions. You won't always get a sensible reply, especially from me ,as I 

consider a sense of humour helps with probs that you can't rub better cheesygrin

• Posted

Hello Paul. just thought I would rectify my nonsense sentence 

It should read ----your BLOAT is probably  is caused by your diet ---

rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline

I wasn't to bad but know I'm getting pains again my toilet visits are all over the shop whereas before I was regular as clockwork. I'm bloated all the time with severe wind pains . My stomach noises wake me up in the night and I'm now on anti depresants. I'm going back to the doctors after Xmas 

• Posted

Hello Paul

I was about 3 months ago that i had diverticulitis. I had known for a long time that i had a problem but just like lots of people i just didnt do anything about it. I dont know if it will be of any use to you but if i have a fry up it reacts very badly, I know that might be a hard one for a trucker to abide with but i do get really bad attacks after i have one. Also from what i have heard if you can manage at all i would stay away from having an operation as from most peoples comments i have seen it has caused problems that would not be very good in a lorry drivers work life but do a bit of research yourself if you get time because different people get different results from the treatments that are available.But good luck to you and i wish you all the best mate.

• Posted

Hi I'm lucky in that respect as I do eat a fairly good diet no frisd breakfast . I have go ahead biscuits and fruit and fibre for breakfast. Salads for lunch and pasta at night . I'm about 2 stone over weight my gp said that I would benifit from loosing weight so I am trying . It's just the pain I need to eliminate . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.