I was diagnosed with GERD and Esophagitis so im afraid of esophagus cancer..

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi guys...After few years struggeling with dysphagia i went to the doctor and he send me to x-rays...There i took some liquid and the doctors said that everything was just fine but he did diagnose me with GERD...My GP didnt perscriped me anything...She just said that i need to change my lifestyle...But the thing is i have a cough for a few months , hoarseness sometimes and dysphagia for sure...I want to know if i had anything serious doctors would catch it up at the GERD test right....Im also hypochondriac ....Btw im 21 yrs old , i dont smoke , drink occasionaly ...until 2 yrs ago i was extremly physically active...

Any though...Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Worrying about esophageal cancer at age 21 is rather a waste of time, don't you think?  You have a GP and must have discussed your concerns with her.  When she advised changing your lifestyle you must know what she meant by that.  Have you acted on any of her suggestions?  Admitting that you're a hypochondriac seems a step in the right direction.  I firmly believe that when a person is inclined to worry too much about his or her health, it's because there are other aspects of life that they are avoiding addressing or facing, would rather not. So they concentrate on their symptoms in a disproportionate way and even cause more symptoms by their chronic state of nerves.  ?Dysphagia could be caused by nervous tension. Seeing a counselor might benefit you a lot because remaining a hypochondriac, especially for a man, is very unattractive 

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.