i was diganoised with agraphobia with panic attacks 23 years ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was told 23 years ago by a syciatrist i had agraphobia with panick attacks ,,i was put on medication called oxazipam by my gp,i was on tha medication for few years,i decided myself to come off them as i still wasnt able to leave my home,,i don it the right way gradually,, i evetually started going for short walkes and then back into work,,although i still dodged places and sertain situations,and only worked with 3or 4 people,,anyways,it all fell apart again 8 yrs ago and im back to square 1,,only this time there a lot stronger to fight,,ive since moved and have a new gp.. i asked for my old oxazipam back but they no longer on the market,,any ways my new gp has given me anti deppresants time after time to try but all have failed i felt more suicidle then ever,,ive tried them all,,ive asked for some sort of the pam family but ive been told no cos there addictive,,the way i feel at my age of 49 i don care if there addictive as long as i can have some form of a normal life, ive don relaxation,,keeping my mind on something positive,ive don the lot believe me,,after 23 yrs of livng it its second nature to me,, so now im just in the house 24/7,no meds nothing,,my gp has totally given up on me ,,i cant explain myself any more to him im like a broken record,, so now i give up,,i just live with it,,

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, don't give up , I was like you years ago they put me on medication got used to them I was fine, now they have taken them off the market and I have to start all over again, they have put me on citalopram 20m  I have been so bad getting used to them, but they tell me it takes time, today fingers x I don't feel to bad x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi, thank you for your reply,,its nice to know im not along,, i hope you get on with your new meds as they do take a few weeks to react to your body,,give me up date on how your getting on ,,take care,, xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there. I too had agoraphobia for 20yrs plus. Was on valium, lod anti depr& beta blocker. Had good pychologist who finally understood me and i got out of the house. So sorry to hear you ruf at mo. Can u find another gp? Im still on 0,5 mg valium, seroxat. My 35yr old son has recently been diagnosed with depression and panics and citalapram have helped him a lot. Dont just take no for an answer from your gp GOOD LUCK

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi,thank you for your reply,,im sorry to hear about your son,,i hope he getting through it ok and will be well soon,, yeah i agree i will be looking into changing my gp as he just dishes out any ant deppesants to me  i feel like a ginny pig,,on which none has worked,,hope your getting on well on going out i wish you well ,,update me on all both progresses,,take care,, xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks, I'm feeling better today as I had to go doc yesterday as I was so bad, she has put me on a low does of deizapan for a short time xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up