I was on Ranitidine twice a day for eight weeks. I found...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on Ranitidine twice a day for eight weeks. I found it worked fine but as the weeks passed I found I was suffering a stiff neck every day from when I woke up to going to sleep. I started to take Paracetamol to counteract the stiffness but as that became an everyday occurance I spoke the the doctor and came off the Ranitidine.

I now use one table a day about six oclock to help me sleep and once every four days I take one Pantoprazole which can last up to a day and a half, two days, to give me a break from the Ranitidine.

This way I do not suffer the stiff neck muscles from the Ranitidine or the bloating and extra toilet breaks that Pantoprazole gives me.smile:roll:

[i:b28274ec3d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b28274ec3d]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking 1 tablet at bedtime and am suffering excrutiating pain in the muscles of my arm, at the moment I can hardly lift a cup of coffee, I take Lansoprazole each morning and these too cause some discomfort, but I shall have to stop the Raniitidine the pain is too bad. Drs just dont seem to take these side effects seriously.   Pat H 
  • Posted

I have gastritis and have been prescribe omoprozole, pantoprozole and lansoprozole, all give me terrible side effects. I am now taking ranitidine but I have a tightness round where my bra fits, and a feeling of pressure in the center of my ribs. Anyone else get anything like this ?
  • Posted

I also take same meds as you. Yes I too have a stiff neck. Going to try your way. Who would think it could be connected to meds 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.