I am 11 days post op

thanks

lee x

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lee

Sorry 6 weeks minimum to have a bath.  You can increase the bleeding if you soak in warm water.  

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi Jacqui

oh how disappointing. Oh well,showers it is. 

How you feeling?  I have good and bad days 

got my doctor tomorrow so got my list of questions ready ha ha

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

I love it, I am always armed with a list when I see doctors, otherwise anything I wanted to ask I forget when I get face to face!  

I had Ian's retrieval stick (very cheap on Amazon)  ready in case I dropped anything, but I can bend down no problem, absolutely amazed at this!  

I feel absolutely wonderful.  No pain, am walking Rosie twice a day, we even went into Hunstanton this morning, a lovely seaside near us and had a family walk along the Prom.  I am cooking all the meals, with Ian lifting the appropriate pot for me.

Oh Lee it is so lovely to have everything back in its rightful position.  It has made me feel 30 years younger.  To be so mobile so early on, well I did not expect it, so so grateful for the operation.  I shall have to careful I don't kiss the surgeon when I see him on the 15th June.  He is allowing the bowel and bladder 3 months to settle down and then he will see if there are any problems and if he needs to tweak them at all.  At the moment bowel and bladder are working extremely well.  

Good luck at the doctors tomorrow.  Hope your good days are out numbering the bad ones.  Let me know how you get on.  So sorry about your bath, but you will really enjoy it when it is the right time. 

Kisses and licks from Rosie to Max and Poppy.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Jacqui you have had the ideal time.  You are so lucky 

I didn't expect to feel this bad.  And I feel I will never go to the toilet again. I am really happy for you. I have not left her house in 11 days. Tomorrow will be the first time. I am wandering about the house though but don't have the energy to get dressed and get out. 

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. I have no,appt to see my consultant. Just got told my histology results will be in the post. 

Ian and Rosie must be so happy to have their mum back smiling and feeling so well

love lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

So sorry you feel so bad,sad but it will come good for you, hang on in there.  Have you tried stool softener and movicol? Drink as much water as you can get down, this helps the bowel start working properly and stops infection.   They all work a treat together.  

Just get lots and lots of rest, your body needs it, when it is ready it will give you signals that you are recovering.  

Ian is thrilled to bits, he thought he was in for a very rough ride.  Poor Rosie was upset at neighbours walking her at first, could not understand why Mummy was at home not walking her, but as soon as I took over the 3 p.m. walk she was back to normal.  I think she thought I was abandoning her.  

Take care Lee, slowly slowly and you will come good.  How are Max and Poppy coping with you being  laid up?  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Keep smiling Lee!

There is a heat wave from mid week,that will help you.!This has been my 2nd day at home and I still feel good.Fair enough I didn't get dressed again but it was more comfortable not to.I started the day with breakfast in bed along with all my medication.I had a walk up the garden to get a bit of fresh air.I sent a lot of texts to friends,did some paperwork and watched tv all while my Dad was busy washing,doing housework,gardening and then cooking the dinner.I have just helped with the wiping up.Going to the toilet is slightly easier.I am on iron tablets but I might leave them off for a while as I think these might not be helping.I already feel less tired than I did before my op.My advice is to do some online shopping.That should cheer you up.

xxx

• Posted

Thanks Jacqui

they are ok as Andy is at home so they are not missing out. It will be different next week when he is back at work. The dogs have been used to me moping about in my pjs as I have been unwell for the last year. 

I have been eating pairs and taking dulcoease. Nothing much happening though. Doc should give me something tomorrow hopefully. 

Thank you for your kind words 

this forum has been great

lee x

• Posted

Ha ha Teresa. I laughed at your online shopping suggestion. Don't even have the energy for that.  Gee I must be ill. 

I am on no pain relief as it all makes me sick and the pain is quite good so I am happy with that. I take liquid iron due to being anaemic but I have not started it since the op. My hb levels in hospital were quite good considering I lost s lot of blood in theatre.

keep in touch

lee x

• Posted

My hospital have given me Dioctyl to take one in the morning and one at night but I have also got  Movicol and some Dulcoease but I don't know the maximum I can take.I read about the Movicol and got some ready but haven't tried any yet.
    • Posted

I tried movicol but nothing. I had my op on wed and managed to go on the Monday. But that was 6 days ago and nothing since. I now feel so full that I can't eat. There is no room left x
    • Posted

Hi Lee

So sorry you have had a really bad time for the last year.  Really hoping that when you come through recovery of the surgery you will be A1 fit, won't that be fantastic.   Then you can give your lovely doggies a run for their money!  

Ask your doctor to prescribe Movicol.  You can take up to three a day and with a stool softener it is brilliant.  No bloating etc.  Also eat lots and lots of veg, it really fires up the system.  

I love this forum, there is usually some kind soul with a good idea.  I have learnt so much from everyone.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

I have been on iron tablets for a while also for anaemia.I kept forgetting to take them on and off before the op.Because I declared it on my medication list for my pre op I guess that is why I have still been given it.I forgot to ask about my hb levels when I got discharged.I. Might still be taking the ands don't need them now.Imight phone the hospital to find out.

xxx

• Posted

Me too Jacqui 

this forum has been a life saver 

I will talk to doc tomorrow. See what she can do for me. 

I,will let you know

thanks again

love lee x

• Posted

Yes Teresa good idea. 

I got tested before I left and it was fine 

they cause constipation too. 

God imagine if I was taking them too

i would have blown up by now ha ha

x

• Posted

I have just taken my first Movicol(only 1 sachet to start)Am I in in for a sleepiness night?
    • Posted

Hi Teresa

They work very gently, you might get woken up early but you should sleep through the night.  When it gets into your system you can work out the best time of day to take it.  I always take mine at 9 a.m.   I thought I might need more than one after the op, but because of the huge plate of veg I eat with my lunch and tea everything is working perfectly.

Good luck

Jacqui 

• Posted

Diocty it say's on the packet up to 5 a day taken separate, I managed on 2 one morning one night.plus a glass of pure fruit juice 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.