IB Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with IBS-D my question is I wake with horrible abdominal pain in the mornings and am unsure if it was from what I ate the day before or?  Could it be the cumulative effect of what I have eaten all week or is it just what I ate the day before?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey anne....sorry you are suffering from this...well which day of food is causing this problem depends  on how often you go for your bowel movements..if you go regularly everyday then likely that it is from previous day....Well if you feel the same symptoms with different diets, you should make a food diary where you can observe the symptoms after eating particular food...you will have to be very mindful...well in my case it is wheat, you can also try to include and exclude different options.biggrin
  • Posted

When my IBS started, I woke with stonach pain every monning regardless of what I ate because food was not my trigger.  Stress was my trouble.  Try a food diary ro see what foods could be causing your flate ups.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.