Ibs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had stoumach problems for a while now, I have major cramps and always seem to get indegestion. I'm on the combined pill and have ruled out pregnancy however, I've heard that being on the pill has been known to giving people ibs 'symptoms'. Another thing is I always feel sick before going to bed and I don't know if this is just me overthinking or an actual problem. I've tried changing my diet and tried to eat as healthy as I can. I'm sort of stuck as I don't know if there is any medication or anything else that can cause these problems.. Would just like to hear anybody else's opinions or solutions !😊

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi:

So you have major cramps with indigestion.  The indigestion can be cause by a stomach bacteria H. Pylori.  Have you had any blood work done? 

Have you had a colonoscopy to rule out problems in your colon that may be causing spasms and giving you pain in your lower abd.

IBS is a kind of cover all word docs use when your test results are negative for anything else.  There is no test for IBS.  If you have it, you usually experience diarrhea and/or constipation, nausea, bloating, gas, belching, rumbling gut, gas pains up into your back or under your ribs and a ton more minor symptoms.  Most times its difficult for doc to diagnose unless you have symptoms.

You can have stress-induced IBS (have you been under any more stress than usual?).  You can use the low FODMAP diet to rule out foods that may be causing you distress.  The diet can be found on line.  You may also have food allergies.

Regarding feeling sick before you go to bed.  How about changing the place where you sleep?  Sometimes when I get a feeling of dread that makes me feel sick, I sleep on the sofa for a couple nights.  The negative feelings go away. 

Are you taking any medications or vit supplements?  Give us a bit more to go on so we can help you.

• Posted

I have been under a little bit of stress due to alevel results, so this could have triggered it. I'm not on any vitamins or any other medication but the pill. I've started a diet where I don't eat any dairy just too rule out any foods that I could be intolerant too.

I've been to see my doctor and he doesn't think I have an infection as the symptoms I have described such as - wind, indegestion, cramps, and occasionally having trouble going to the toilet. He's told me to change my diet and stop eating fatty foods, I will now look online for the other foods that can worsen tummy problems.

I stopped taking indegestion tablets and pain killers as the pains became a daily thing as I found the mixture of medication was making me feel worse. I think most of this is me overthinking as I hate being sick and that's all I think about before going to bed! Thankyou for all of the advise, i will definatly try the different sleeping arrangements! 

• Posted

Try coming off the pill to see if symptoms improve.  The pill is not natural and can cause problems,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.