IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,saw the Gastroenterologist today and had a long discussion,he thinks I also have IBS,he told me to cut down a little on my fiber ,have a sigmoidoscopy and some new blood tests.When I originally had my colonoscopy I was told to increase my fiber,do they just try anything ???I will give it a try and will see what happens.He also said Diverticular disease and IBS can cause bladder problems.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes they guess. This forum is great with helping us. You have to suffer from these conditions to be able to understand and treat it. We are better than doctors!!
  • Posted

Hi Yvonne

I guess getting the fibre right is a balancing act.  As for fibre, I have just 1 small slice of bread or 30gm porridge oats per day.  The rest comes in the form of blended veggie soup, well cooked veggies and Fybogel. 

I was interested to hear him say DD causes bladder problems, as I am currently finding that more difficult to deal with than the DD, which is behaving at the moment.    Best wishes

• Posted

I can have bladder problems anytime but it's always worse when I have loose stools.If it's not one thing it's another .I will try not taking the Fybogel on a morning and see if that helps as everything's worse on a morning.Time will tell.

• Posted

I am in the same boat as you fyber for DD no fyber for IBS what do you do ?
    • Posted

Hi Susan,he said to only have Fybogel once a day instead of twice and there is no problem at using Imodium every day.Did you have the Sigmoidoscopy yet?
    • Posted

Not yet just waiting for appointment I haven't taken fybergel today due to have diarrhoea

• Posted

Hi Susan,when you have the diahroea does it make you feel unwell like Crampy and nauseous?I feel really unwell with it and that's why I take the Imodium.

• Posted

Yes it does also really windy. My gastroenterologist told me to take half a Imodium tomorrow just incase I get stressed for my daughters wedding on Saturday. If I get bad I can take another half Saturday x
    • Posted

I don't suffer too bad with the windy bit but feel really sickly and loose my appetite,Hope all goes well for the wedding😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.