IBS...advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so just looking for a bit of advice really.

I haven't actually been diagnosed with IBS as of yet, I've been having pains in my lower back and sides (that actually felt like pain in my ovaries) for the past year, I have been to the doctors numerous times with the problems I've been having, I've also been feeling very tired and I suffer with headaches on a regular basis too.

The doctors eventually referred me to the hospital, they thought it was gynae related, I recently had an op to see if I had endimitriosis or any large cysts on my ovaries, I had neither. The surgeon saw me and just said everything was fine but my bowels looked full and a bit red and swollen and to see my doctor , however I'm too embarrassed to go to the docs rolleyes seems silly I know!

I've never really thought of IBS as a problem as I have always related it with having a really upset tummy, but I'm the opposite rolleyes

I tend not to go to the loo for like two weeks then I end up taking laxatives and that just sends my tummy crazy I also hardly ever pass wind

The pains I'm having in my lower back and sides are driving me bonkers, it also really hurts to have intercourse

I know i should go to the docs, I'm just scared and embarrassed, so thought I would just seek a bit of friendly advice on the net before I go.

Thanks for reading smile

X

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I'd suggest you ask your GP about a Barium follow-through test. I think the result might be quite enlightening smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ok thanks that sounds interesting smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is interesting, you just drink some slimy aniseed tasting Barium (a Chalk like substance) and they follow it through your Intestines using x-rays smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds rank haha

But if it finds out what's wrong...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It might be worth popping along to your GP just to see if the Consultant (or whatever) has send a letter outlining his / her findings (if any) smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah I will do smile

I'm just been a scaredy cat hah

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What have you tried in terms of diet? There are a lot of foods that help you go to the toilet regularly. Keep

away from those laxatives they will do you more harm than good.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've got an extremely healthy diet, lots of fruit, veg, hardly ever eat rubbish, drink lots of water and exercise regular

I know there not great but it's the only solution I see atm

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up