Ibs advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey just after some advice I have pi ibs and I have good days and bad days is this normal? Usually is a bad day if I have been at work and I can go up to 5 times but on my day off I can go just twice does this sound about right? 

Thanks

linzi

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good days and bad days are perfectly normal for IBS. IBS comes and goes.according to whatever your particular trigger is, whether that be food or stress or both.  When my IBS started I had mainly bad days.  After diagnosis, I now have many good days, weeks and months.
  • Posted

Thank you I still obsess about bowel cancer but dr doesn't deem a colonoscopy as I don't have enough red flags but I'm guessing good days are a blessing 

• Posted

Not having enough red flags is a very good sign. I wasn't given a colonoscopy either because one of my doctors told me that she didn't hear any alarm bells ringing.   Concentrate on the positives.

• Posted

Thank you so much I have health anxiety with I am battling do you or did you get the tummy ache and nausea also? 
    • Posted

Constant stomach ache, nausea and constipation were my very first IBS symptoms.  After diagnosis, my symptoms reduced to on off stomach pain and constipation.  The nausea has gone now.  It only comes back if my stomach ache is severe which is rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.