IBS after Benzodiazepine withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone.

I was on antidepressants (Xanax and Clonazepam) around 2 years now, and started tapering it off slowly around a year ago. Since I went under 1mg of Clonazepam per day, these very irritating IBS like symptoms started to show up. Irregular bowel movements, chronic Constipation etc. Doctors cannot find anything wrong with my gut, and I also tried Ayurveda which didn't help. So I blame it on Benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms. It's said that cuz nerves in my brain are connected to my Gut, and when those nerves get messed up (like they do when on antidepressents), your gut also get messed up.

So, Do you guys know any way to reduce the IBS symptoms caused by drug withdrawal?

Thank you very much for any input.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.