IBS and GAD suffering symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wanted to check with the rest of you the symptoms for your IBS. I suffer at the moment Chronic IBS and GAD....my GAD is causing my symptoms to worsen....and therefore I am freaking out thinking this must be something more serious which leads to more anxiety leading to more pain. The pain is upper abdomin, sharp pains....but also, around the whole stomach, feeling bloated with lots of trapped wind and my mind is going crazy. Are any of you guys feeling the same? I feel like my symptoms, the upper and lower abdoman pains, the wind, the anxiety are all leading to something more...but I am trying to accept this is IBS and GAD the way they affect each other....any advice would be great and if you could share you pains also...I deal with them throughout the day, my GAd I believe causes the IBS pains throughout the day

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Excately the same, ibs and food allergies. Get to the doctors and get something for the anxiety. Things will then start to improve 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Try the low fodmap diet xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I suffered from chronic GAD this time 2 yrs ago and as a result it led to IBS.   The combination of GAD and IBS got so bad I lost about 1.5 stone in weight because I got myself into a viscous cycle (as we do). My IBS caused me to have a lot of indigestion and trapped gas, these uncomfortable feelings would then cause panic heightening the GAD.  So as a result I ate very little trying to prevent the IBS symptoms, but of course the less I ate and the more stressed I became the worse the GAD and the IBS became.  Eventually My GP referred me for CBT which helped me enormously and I managed to break the cycle.  I'm not completely free from IBS but I only suffer now and then like when I'm stressed out, & although I still have anxiety I no longer suffer with GAD so I'm able to lead a much more relaxed life style.  I've managed to put the weight I lost back on and find that I have more better days now than bad.  

I really do understand how deliberating it is having both the GAD and the IBS. Try and get some CBT and download the net diary something that also helped me a lot that way you can keep a diary of what foods you eat and see if anything your eating is triggering the ibs.  I've since downloaded the app from this website which I've also found useful for when your panicking.  I wish you the best Of luck your symptoms from both the GAD and IBS can improve I can vouch for that.  Look after yourself x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for the advice guys...I am trying to do my best to relax, but find that my mind keeps asking myself 'what if' these symptoms are something worse, the more I stress, the more I focus on my pains and cramps and the more GAD causes my IBS to get worse, very much the vicious cycle...I cant let myself let go of the fears....doing EFT and Tai Chi, hoping the positive moments will eventually overcome the negative....thanks again...I will continue my battle
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I learned to burb to release the pressure it helped me a lot. Smell of foods was one of my triggers. I'm don't know what gad is. But you need to try and not get stressed major trigger. I hope you feel better real soon. I just lost my gall bladder. My ibs attacks stopped when I was pregnant and thank goodness only had small ones because of family stuff. Seeing a chiropractor helped me a lot. I had fewer attacks when I started seeing him.

Hang in there! Relax in a tub or a walk.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Now I know what gad is. I get panick attacks. There no fun. I agree get something for it. Doctor put me on diazepan for I get muscles spasms and panic attacks.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up