IBS caused from anxiety or something more?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, so if you read my previous thread you will see that ive been experiencing health anxiety for the past few weeks, started off with an almighty panic attack.. well, it didnt even feel like a panic attack.. and even the though of it scares the life out of me sad it makes me scared every single day going to work, or seeing my boyfriend, or going out.. incase i have another episode where my body just goes so jelly and i feel like im not in control of it. Because of this the past few weeks ive been having concerns with my health. Ive had pins and needles in my left arm (which started 5 weeks ago when i stopped smoking) but were on and off and i thought nothing of them at the time until i had that random panic attack, ive had pressure in my head, ive been physically and mentally exhausted so all ive done is sleep, my right arm keeps having this dull ache along with this heavyness which makes me feel like im going to faint, ive been shaky, mouths been dry, dizzy, not feeling myself, scared of losing control, PETRIFIED of my limbs not moving? so ive been checking them constantly for the past 2 weeks!!!! anyway.. ive had all these symptoms but ive kind of ignored the symptoms which iev actually had properly for the past few months... ive had nausea and ive also had this sharp, wind - like pain in my upper left abdomen just below my rib cage,... due to me drinking almost every night for 3 years i also pretty much have had diarreah neqrly every single day ... do you think this is ibs?

the diareahh iv had for a few years but the pain has only been the last few months... its got really bad since i stated worrying about my health, the pains got worse and im CONVINCED i have pancreatic cancer or stomach cancer.. but mainly pancreatic. im petrified. i feel like it would be my own fault for drinking so much. but iv given up smoking AND drinking now and i want to be a healthier person. someone reply please ... Rhiannaxxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No mention of seeing your doctor in your thread! It sounds like your very worried and stress will cause a lot of symptoms or not help it. You really need to seek medical advice! It sounds like you need help with your

alcohol intake as well. Sorry to be blunt but it seems like your spiralling

ever downwards. IBS isn't usually diarrhoea more smelly and windy!!!!!

Anyway please get professional help!

• Posted

Sorry missed the part about giving up the booze!!! Well done!
    • Posted

Must've missed that bit! I've explained everything to them, they say it's all my anxiety rolleyes lol 
  • Posted

Hi again! Sounds like its falling on deaf ears if the keep saying its

anxiety! Do you feel like saying " well der!" To them. Lol ! Ive had anxiety

attacks there not fun, but the fact that you've got or getting your act

together re alcohol etc is very hard thing to do, so you have done really

well especially if you did it all on your own. Perhaps you need to sit down and work out what you have achieved over the past few years, you might be surprised to realise that your stronger than you think! Its not easy and

I've had literally years of counselling, CBT et all. Its a long old path.

Nearly 18 yrs for me, the last year I've managed to keep working something I haven't done in all those years, the lightbulb moment was whilst having CBT when I cottoned on that I am NOT the depression, anxiety, panic

attacks, the self loathing it is a symptom of me. BUT NOT ME! throw in a bit of mindfulness and im getting my life back slowly and I still make

mistakes. But hang in there think about what you have done not what you can't, not making àny promises but who knows. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.