IBS D.... I can't cope😞

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I suffer with Diarreah a lot, how do go about your usual days? Take today for instance

I've had to cancel a group I should be taking my 2yr old too and called my partner back from his self employed work to look after my boys! I'm currently in bed after taking some immodium and really don't know what to do with myself, I've been crying for a while as I get so upset with the flare ups, my tummy is currently churning and gurgling away and I'm so scared to move incase I need the loo again!

I'm loosing the will and teally don't know how to carry on and cope with this! I tried my doctors but my doctor is not in today so I'll try again tomorrow!

Please help!

Jo.xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there, so sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I can sympathise. I'm having a pretty rough day too.

Does the imodium help you? I live on it. Some times it works well. Other times not so well. I tend to avoid a lot of foods. Could yours be affected by your diet? Hopefully some others might have some good ideas. Just didn't want to read and run. I hope you get some relief soon xx

• Posted

Hey thanks for your reply! How mAny immodium A day do you take?

It's helping at the moment but then I'm lying in bed so when I get up it may be a different story.

I'm just so down with this, and find it really difficult to cope day by day!

I've tried lactose free But didn't feel any change gluten free is my next port of call

! and I'm on SSRI's for my depression!

I hope your day gets better? Xx

• Posted

I take them most days. Sometimes one will be enough to settle things. On bad days I can take up to 4. I hate being so reliant on them. Without them I can't leave the house. I hope things feel better for you xx

• Posted

Thank you for replying to me, I know from your post you are suffering today too, it helps to realise we are not alone!

I hate taking immodium as I feel I'm failing and relying on more drugs! Surely the more we take it the less effect it'll have??

I've read rice cooked in tumeric is a good medicine food to have! ?

Always here if you need to chat.xx

• Posted

Thank you. Like you say it's just nice to know we're not alone. Even though it feels that way some days. xx

• Posted

Hi Jo. Very interested in your story. Have you everhad an endoscopy/gastroscopy? Also any other health issues seemingly unrelated. Very interested in fact you were better during pregnancy. Could be significant.
  • Posted

Whoops sorry think I replied to the wrong discussion and don't know how to delete it now. Sorry. 

• Posted

hi, yes saw that and replied to her. Thanks I should add to your discussion have you ever been tested for h pylori?? I am always a bit wary of an ibs diagnosis as it covers a multitude of sins. Have you ever had an endoscopy or a gastroscopy?
    • Posted

Hey, no I havnt been tested for that, touch wood I don't really get tummy pains! But I'll mention it tomorrow at docs like you I'm wary of the quick diagnosis of IBS and so am pushing for more tests! I'm awaiting results of a CT abdomen scan! I've had a flex sigmoidoscopy not an endoscopy! They checked my left side bowel up to my tummy! It was clear 🤔Xx

• Posted

ok Flik, I have a history of this too with nothing showing on scans etc. I have an auto immune disease which causes my problem. Took a looooong time to get diagnosed. My endo was clear too but the gastroscopy revealed h pylori. Common in auto immune disease. But also just common.  But I know from other tests I don't always have that infection going on but still get gut symptoms. I had an abdo scan last year and it showed nothing but I still had the infection. I don't get tummy pain now either so was surprised by the diagnosis of h pylori. 

• Posted

Thanks Margaret, I'll definitely mention it, I've only had a few blood tests the flex sig and this CT scan! although all my issues tend to be at the 'exit' so I would have hopes the flex sig would show if anything too sinister!? I do have some better days and I'm taking probiotics to try to give me good bacteria! It's just so draining and interfering with my family life 😞

• Posted

Flik

Call your GP again tomorrow if you are still feeling bad. You are taking immodium so give it a chance. Try drinking plenty of fluids.

One mix you can try is 2tbs Sugar 2ts Salt, disolved in water, this will build up fluids in your body and settle the tummy the salt will replace the minerals like salt you have lost

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob, I've had some good days since my last bout a couple of weeks ago! I felt OK this morning too, came on suddenly at lunch time 😞

Aww my mum always says to do sugar salt solution, I'll do that as I havnt had anything since lunch time, before I got Ill! I hate how unpredictable this can be!!

Jo.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.