IBS ? Gastritis? Cancer? Health anxiety is killing me. Should i seek help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

I have suffered from health anxiety for so long and this has me really really worried its something serious.Couple years now i have thought i had IBS, symptoms include, stomach cramps, bloating, runs which feel like a fart at first.

But the past 3-4 months my farts have been smelling really bad and this is even after pooing, also tiny stomach cramps, more like a bloaty burning feeling on my left side also. I have had blood checks done and came back normal ( which i don't believe as most people it comes back normal but they have something serious)

Friday 1st Dec, i went to a concert and drunk quite heavily, it was a good night and everything was fine, was drunk but still completely capable, suddenly when i got back to the hotel room and sat down i couldn't stop throwing up, including stomach cramps and chest/stomach pains from throwing up so much. I rang the ambulance and got tested and everything, my liver protein was up 1.7 and diagnosed with:

1. Other / unclassified - lactic acidosis 2o to ETOH

2. Gastritis

Few days after i was fine, stomach was still tender from throwing up but that was it, but i woke up one morning and it's just constant small stomach cramps and runs, sometimes green with slight mucus, also feeling very bloaty, it mostly feels on my left side if i was looking down, kinda like a burning pain and now every fart feels like i need to go, or i have major wind all the time which really smell. I also have been getting dizzy spells in my eyes and pressure in my ears, but i did have a bad flemy cough for few days maybe due to throwing up and hurting my throat from the concert.

I don't know what to do as it's freaking me out that i have bowl cancer or some sort of cancer which is giving me all these problems

Thanks for your time

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry i didn't put in my details. I am a 29 year old male weighing 11.11 stone 

• Posted

I would accept the diagnosis you got of gastriris and avoid spicy, rich and fatty foods.  Eat a bland diet and try a food diary.  Ask for a PPI to reduce  acid.  It is also possible you have IBS as well. Ask for more tests to rule out other causes.  If nothing else shows up, IBS can be diagnosed.  At your age, it is less likely to be snything serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.