Ibs in need of help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive not had ibs for nearly 14 years and now its back. I forgot what the pain was like. Im just wondering if anyone has any usefull tips on how and what to do. Im not sleeping because the pains worse at night.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My friend said she had ibs when she and her husband were running the village post office and shop. When they retired her ibs completely disappeared. She says she thinks it was related to stress. Are you under any particular stress lately?

You could try something called COLPERMIN. You can buy them from the chemist and then if you find they help you can get them on prescription.

I have ibs and I also have a large kidney stone which I am waiting to see a consultant about next month and I really hope he decides to operate and remove it. It is far too big to either pass or blast.

Do take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Go back on the antispasmodics you used to take for IBS..  A combination of Buscopan and Nurofen help me. Go on Fodmap to identify any food triggers.  Try distraction techniques such as a relaxing hobby to take your mind off the pain.  If you are getting loose stools/diarrhoea try imodium; if constipated, try fruit as long as you can tolerate fruit. Prune juice, grapes and oranges help me.  Try a short term stool softener to make stools easier to pass.  I had an unexpected flare up in July while on holiday and had three days of on off diarrhoea. Imodium and codeine helped. Previous to that, my IBS had been in remission for months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.