ibs is really dragging me down

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive been having these symptoms for over a week now just get told to drink plenty of fluids and try and eat ive tryed toast,had stool test which came back normal went to hospital thursday afternoon they did a scan that was normal anybody tell me what im suppose to eat dont eat cheese cant drink milk i just dont know what to do   thank you

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Well IBS is tricky and honestly im struggling with this too.. i've noticed cutting out Soda can really help improve my symptoms so maybe thats one to consider?

• Posted

i dont very often drink soda or fizzy drinks i think whats making mine worse is ive had gastric as well
  • Posted

Definitely stay away from dairy, I do feel better for it. Its hard as I miss cups of tea but my stomach/bowel feels ok.
    • Posted

i cant drink milk that gos straight through me but have you tryed lemon tea i dont eat cheese never have i use low fat spread but my diet is all up in the air anyway just dont know what to eat
  • Posted

Why not try the Low FOPMAP diet? It won't do you any harm but transfomed my life. 

Jan

• Posted

i have a copy of that going to try and sort out what i can eat and what i cant im not into cheeses or pasta or rice
  • Posted

What exercise do you do?
    • Posted

After I was diagnosed, 2.5 years after illness as I had not found this site, I upped my exercise levels and definitely helped. I walk approx 8 to 10 miles a week and sometimes up to 15 miles a week. That is only if I go out Sunday too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.