IBS or not?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello my husband recently had pain in his lower abdomen, very gassy, gurgly and few upset tummies! So this went on for one week then he seen GP who gave him mebeverine tabs, so he took them and the symptoms cleared! He stopped taking then and was absolutely fine, until two weeks later (fri night) we had a Chinese and all the symptoms came back again! Just a so weird that he's 30 now and starting to have issues we can't work out what is causing flare up, he is getting stabbing pains and seems to calm a bit with some colpermin! Any advice? As it's so recent 🤔

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like I b s or I b d

I have mebeverine they really do help.

But best to check with Dr. BUT Greasy food take a ways etc can start off symptoms. Check if it's Lactos or dairy causing it too. I suffer so have lactose free if I'm naughty like today.... I suffer for it. ( Was ok with dairy wise till I hit 40 ) Strange one......

• Posted

Hi Vicky,  I have ibs like everyone else on this site and I have never liked Me Everingham at all  it Always flares my ibs.  It never works.  Your poor husband needs to go back to the doctor 'so.  Beg for help and good luck. X

• Posted

Sounds like IBS if IBS medications helped his symptoms and he had a food trigger.  Has your doctor confirmed IBS?  He should go back on the Mebeverine and peppermint if that worked, stay away from takeaways and try a food diary to identify any other food problems.  Has he had any change of bowel habit or any stress?

Strange thar peppermint and Mebeverine worked.  Both really irritate my stomach.  A lot of people can't tolerate Mebeverine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.