IBS or not

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok since November I have been having stomach pains like a dull period pain that doesn't go away my bowel movements are never the same I could have "normal" then constipated then lose stools. Recently these have changed to pain just at the top of my pelvic bone and my right hip sometimes the pain in my pelvic area is pressure like I want to give birth I've heard of IBS, there is a fam history of it. I know people that also have Coeliac disease UC and Crohn's

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to see your doctors and soon, any bowel changes should be reported and yours on the right could be ibs could be something worse, I'm no expert!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Been tested for IBS (stool sample) been tested for coeliac (blood sample) doctor said it's not coeliac and tests for IBS inconclusive I'm having pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant I'm seeing a gastroenterologist in June my bro has Chronic IBS (used to call it abdominal migraine)

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Could be IBS if you have a family history of it; but see your doctor first.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Snap. I'm having the same kinda thing. I was diagnosed after having tests at hospital with ibs over 20 years ago. But I seem to be suffeting more over last year. I'm on colpermin and buscapan daily. Also pain killers. Totally fed up. I feel your pain.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If my stomach is settled then the pain isn't so bad had so many tests just need answers. my brother's IBS is sometimes real bad it stops him from working. had this pain from November and Drs can't confirm anything yet they keep asking me if when I poo is it bloody and I say no it isn't can go from rabbit droppings to watery in hours

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lisa. I think you have IBS mixed with constipation mostly but the runs sort of well mostly mucus. Have you tried fybogel to keep your bowel regular. That's what was I recommended for diverticulosis flare ups, which works. Try it, it may well work.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up