Ibs or something else

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 28 three children (1,3 and 6) I'm so fed up. I have constant nausea that feeling your going to get a sickness but I'm on esomoprezole and anti sickness meds but they don't take the feeling away. First thing in morning and night I get excessive wind and got to the toilet between 1-4 times within 2 hours. I always feel exhausted and no energy I can't even play with

My children. I get cramping and niggles from my stomach right down to groin. It's taking over my life

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also sorry for to much information it's very rarely I get a normal stool it like a cow pat and stomach pains are very intense until I go
  • Posted

Hi. I don't have nausea but I get excessive wind in the morn and also go to the toilet up to four times. I get the crampey pains too from tummy to groin. I'm the same, don't wana play with my child because feeling gassy crampy pain or just rubbish most of the time. I don't gave an answer for you but it's all consuming sad 
    • Posted

It's the nausea and the feeling of a sickness bug coming that's persistent that's taking over my life. From the minute I open my eyes till I go to sleep. My doctors are organising a scan but I'm a worrier and worried it's something else
  • Posted

I have the same. (https://patient.info/forums/discuss/can-this-be-ibs--486740)

I am still not convinced it is IBS because it is really just the nausea bothering me. But I think that I got into a bit of a circle. Because I feel nauseous all the time I get anxious when I can't reach the loo which makes me feel more nauseous. Like when I stay at home it is usually not as bad, while I really hate going on the Bus now.

One thing that has really improved the condition for me is cutting out gluten. If you try it you have to be very careful, because it is in a lot of things you won't be aware off like sausages, soy sauce and sometimes they just add it to random stuff like I have seen peanuts with added wheat. Also it takes about 1-2 weeks for gluten to get out your body. When I started I thought oh it's not gluten, because I didn't see the effect but only when I went 2 weeks strictly without it, it improved massively.

The other thing you might want to look up is Candida.

I will let you know if I find anything.

• Posted

Hi sweet corn thank you for your reply. I haven't tried gluten free as yet I'm just fed up feeling

Miserable. I just wanted to ask how would candida effect in such a way? I do have anxiety and things like school runs etc does bother me and I feel like I could be physically sick but never am

• Posted

yes I think I am exactly the same. I have had it for 1 1/2 years now and never am physically sick. That helps a bit because I know that nothing is going to happen but I still can't shake it off. I would try going gluten free for 2 weeks it has really helped a lot in my case. In fact it was nearly gone just had a few small symptoms left but now it has gone really bad again and I can't figure out why so I am just going done the candida route. If you google candida signs there is a lot of theories on it , and as far as I have read nothing is really approved by the docs but nutritionists have a few theories on it. I will let you know if it works. Keep me posted too. Feeling for your, good to meet someone that is also mainly struggling with the nausea and feeling tired and low,
  • Posted

I cant say if you have ibs or not.   The symptoms sound like they could be an intolerance to something.

As easy thing to do is ask your doctor to help you try a FODMAP diet,    This is initially an exclusion diet to eliminate a range of food ingredients called FODMAPS.    Some people finf relief from day 1 qhile others take 6 - 8 - 10 weeks.   If this makes you better then you try introdcing new foods to expand your choice of foods.

This is quite simple, quick cheap and if it works your problem is solved.

You need help from your doc and a dietician who understands how hard the diet can be at times.   I think that fionding that cutting out gluten increases the chance that this diet will help you.  This is not a fad diet.   It was developed by Monash University Melbourne for IBS.   No one makes money out of it.   You can search it on the internet for loads of free information from Monash, an Amerrican University and London Bridge hospital.

You need determination to make sure you don't cheat even a little bit.   For example one FRODMAP you are avoiding is lactose.   So NO lactose.   NO milk in your coffee  NO cream on your desert   No butter.

Cheating on the diet only makes your chance of happiness fade away because you will never know if you are lactose intolerant.   Same with other FODMAPS

Dont make the mistake of thinking healthy food is good food.    The FODMAP diet is not about healthy food.   The challenge is to find as big a range of allowable foods so you can be healthy.    You have to eat reasonable serves, even of foods that are allowed.   For example I saw that bananas were allowed.  So I ate 5 or 6 per day instead of other things that were harder to get.   This produced the symptoms even though it was allowable.  Now I limit myself to three bananas or less, usually two a day.

Good Luck

I hope it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.