Ibs pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

II've been diagnosed with ibs, buscopan and spasmanol don't work neither do cocodamol for the pain,been for tests and also have acid reflux, any tips please this pain is unbearable. Close to crying every aspect of my life is affected

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Do you follow the low fodmap diet? You could drink tea for the spasms (I drink chamomile. ..I've heard peppermint works but I suffer from acid reflux too...so I'm scared to try) Also, I use a heating pad for the pain and it definitely helps. Thankfully I dont really suffer from diarrhea or constipation. ..I have more of a frequency problem at times and urgency. But I do get pain when I eat something I know I shouldn't.
  • Posted

What is the food map diet? Does it help?
    • Posted

It's low foods low in

Fermentable

Oligosaccharides (fructans)

Disaccharides (lactose)

Monosaccharides (excess fructose)

Polyols (Sorbitol, Mannitol, Xylitol)

Basically a diet low in foods that produces excessive gases. Foods that don't have artificial colors or flavors. You should Google low fodmap diet and it'll tell you what to eat and what to avoid. This diet doesn't help ALL people who suffer from ibs but I think I read that it helps 80% of ibsers which isn't a bad percentage.

• Posted

Peppermint oil capsules 30 minutes before you eat anything with plenty of water - only thing that works for me xx

• Posted

Hello Jess

Google the words "Does apple cidar vinegar help reflux acid" and read all about this natural remedy that works well on a lot of people for reflux acid. My mom threw away her pills and she said the apple cidar vinegar worked for her. Research it yourself and see what you think.

As far as IBS goes, have you ruled out all the foods that cause you more trips to the bathroom for number two. I had to do that because I was spending more time on the bathroom then I was off because of constant bowel movements. There is a book called "Eating for IBS" by Heather Van Vorous. This woman had really bad IBS and she wrote the book after she spent a long time figuring out what she should eat that would make her life more bareable. Google the name of the book and it will bring you to her web site. Hope this helps everyone out there to do some research to find out if this will help them or not.

Lynn

• Posted

I tried apple cider vinegar but I really hate the taste of vinegar.

How did your mum take it just neat or what?

• Posted

Sarah, my mother took it with water, one teaspoon to a few ounces of water. You have to experiment and see how you can tolerate it. Some people add honey to the apple cidar vinegar. If you google it, you can see what everyone else does that takes it.
  • Posted

Sorry you are in so much pain Jess.

Codeine Phosphate are stronger than co codamol you could give them a go.

Are you sure you are taking maximum amount of buscopan? I take 8 a day.

Also you can take Ibuprofen as well as your other painkillers. I only found this out through a GP who spoke to me when I was in terrible pain with a gallstone.

Omeprazole works for acid in the stomach. One GP I saw was very quick to pick up on this and prescribed me some.

Hope some of this helps you.

Keep me posted

Lots of love and take care

Sarah

• Posted

Hi,

I like you found Buscopan was useless. I actually take vitamin c and zinc daily which helps to certain extent. Pure orange juice daily is the answer for me. You know the capri-sun drinks. It takes a while but it helps but

try radoxen vit c and zinc..it's worth a try.

• Posted

I agree with you Macvee. Try anything that is more natural then pills. Pills work for one thing and cause another thing. Too many side affects and one becomes ammuned to them after awhile. I hope everyone can find better natural remedies to help ease their pain etc.
  • Posted

So try vitamins and stuff? Mines worse when under stress which seems to be all the time. But when I'm stressed I don't wanna eat so like a vicious cycle. Sleep seems to help but that's the in,y thing I've found that does
    • Posted

Seriously - give the peppermint oil caps a go. I tried every antispasmodic and pain killers going but taking one of these with plenty of water really helped me. AND they're 'natural' and will not give you acid reflux ( like peppermint tea can).

You don't seem to have anything to lose by trying them. Boots and health food stores sell them. If you do just remember to wash down with a pint of water. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.