Ibs possible ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive had these lower ab pains on and off for few years now.they come and go.when i have them my energy levels really drop..dull headaches , backache , nausea.. i had a camera confirming a hiatal hernia but not serious and i dont think this is the root cause.i also suffer from acid reflux but always under control..i have regular bowel movements but only because i eat lots of fruit and veg..if i dont then it becomes difficult.pleas can someone give me an idea.could this be ibs??...i just want to connect with someone who maybe suffers with similar symptoms..im a 53 year old male..have a decent diet most of the time....thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’m not a dr, but could be IBS.  I know fruits & veggies good, but some can bother IBS & GERD.  Could see GI dr, just to talk/check - might make you feel better.

• Posted

Hi, possibly IBS, some fruits and veg can give bad gut issue's, check out the FODMAP DIET, many fruits contain certain sugars which cause problems, veg that contain inulin not good, lots of info on FODMAP diet online.

• Posted

It may be IBS; see your doctor again.  My IBS causes shifting abdominal pain, constipation, sometimes loose stools or diarrhoea, back ache and nausea.  My ultrasound, stool tests, celiac and urine test were negative.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.