Ibs sucks

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with ibs ten years ago at a young age I’m at the end of my tether with it as it now seems to rule my life the doctors are useless and I have other health problems that are worse and it get to point where I can’t leave the house coz of my ibs any sagestions

Please 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed last year with chronic ibs and like you have now other health problems but the Drs seem to think I'm ok. I now have to carry spare underwear when I go out and days I can't go out as I'm afraid. If you manage to get any answers as how to better your lifestyle please share as my life is not my own anymore

• Posted

I will share I’m at the moment arguing with doctors over the fact I’m sick of getting no help I spend so much on new clothes the lot don’t get help with anything come out of my pocket I told them and it get me down but when I finaly get some where I will let u no x 
  • Posted

What symptoms are you having? 
    • Posted

I suffer with tummy ache all the time I’m hardly ever stressed but this is what the doctor told me iv had so many test I take so many different medications so 
    • Posted

And it doesn’t help I have spinabifida and scolisosis I also have no use of my bladder I catherterise iv had surgery to help but it doesn’t make a difference 
  • Posted

I have IBS Which is increases greatly by stress. The problem is it makes us anxious which increases The symptoms of the IBS. I have joined the IBS network which has a lot of useful information on it. Check it out. I also think CBT would be helpful. Speak to your Dr. Good luck
    • Posted

Thank u I will have a look and join I’m so fed up of doctors I see more hospitals than anything else 😩

• Posted

As there is no cure or evidence to confirm why we get it I think a process of elimination is good. You know yiur own body and what helps and what doesn't. I'm going to try some of the things that have worked for people and see how I go. To said I could have shares in Imodium is an understatement lol. Good luck.

• Posted

Good luck to u I’m going to get the doctors to help either way I’m fed up I will get there I hope and wish u all the best x 
  • Posted

Have you tried an antispasmodic such Buscopan for the pain?  If you are having lose stools, try Imodium.  Have you ever tried the Fodmap diet?
    • Posted

I’ve tried assort and I think it doesn’t matt what I eat or take coz nothing works I even lose loads of weight then I have to have build up drinks coz my body loses so much nutrients 
    • Posted

Have you tried Colefac which helps to stop diarrhoea? If not, speak to your doctor.  Also ask a different antispasmodic forom what your are taking and ask about codeine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.