IBS symptoms ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies, have any of you developed IBS type symptoms after a total hysterectomy ? I seem to get bouts of horrible lower tummy burn and pain with low back pain and constipation. I get shivery and feel nauseus and weak, im very careful with my diet but im thinking fruit seems to trigger these attacks so im laying off it for a while. Doctor says nothing wrong, just that after major surgery there are consequences ! This doesn't happen very often maybe once a month and when it goes away I forget about it - but when it does happen it's just horrible, anybody else have anything similar ? Surgery was over three years ago but I havnt been the same since. Thanks everyone x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sometime our body reacts to major surgery as well as pain meds 

once you give your body time to recover and you still have these symptoms see a gastroenterologist. 

Wishing you a full recovery soon!

• Posted

Gas inducing fruits like melon do this to me. I love it but can't eat it! Within an hour I have the griping pains and grumbling tummy. Cauliflower and beans do the same.

Hope you find whats causing your trouble x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.