Posted , 3 users are following.
I won't go into gory details, but I was diagnosed with ibs d. I was quite poorly with it last year and didn't think I'd get better. But I am now virtually symptom free and wanted to share how I went about it. I know we're all different, but I hope some of what I did will help others.
1. I kept a food diary of everything I ate and my symptoms to try and track problem foods.
2. I suspected wheat and dairy as being an issue and so went on a gluten and dairy free diet for a couple of months.
3. I looked up info on soluble and insoluble fibre and tried to balance my intake out, eating more soluble fibre.
4. I started taking probiotics in tablet form-multibionita is the brand I used.
5. I read that gelatin was good for the gut and so I upped my intake-eating a small pot of jelly or haribo a day.
6. I reduced the amount of fruit juice I drank.
Once I managed to stabilise myself with a plain diet, I gradually added food back into my diet, a new food every 3 days or so to see if I reacted. If I reacted, I didn't eat it again.
I now eat most food, i have lactofree milk still and try avoid white processed bread as that can start mild symptoms off and am a little wary of new foods, especially sauces and coatings.
I have no medical training, but this combination of things I did, mostly gleaned from various sites has worked for me and I hope my experience and months of trying different things will help others.
4 likes, 10 replies