IBSD

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with ibs while I was in the Air Force. It didn't affect me until recently.

I got the flu and recovered. But for two weeks could not eat. And was on liquids and bland diet. I could not work out either.

I finally got better. And Christmas Day had

Soft shell crab. That was the beginning of my problem. I broke out in hives with upset stomach and diarrea. I went on BRAT. After one wk recovered. Then I ate some seaweed and got another IBS reaction. Got over that. Then had a whole grain waffle with some vegan ice cream. And IBSD is back. I can't win. Has anyone had similar

Experiences? Thanks for listening.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cut out the foods you are reacting to.
    • Posted

I have been on the Brat diet. But I read in this forum of a person who

Had a friend from Japan recvonmend drinking a cup of warm water before the meal and one after no during and so far it's seems to be working.

• Posted

You need to keep a food diary to record what you are reacting to and then you can work on avoiding trigger foods and replacing them with safe ones.
    • Posted

Thanks, I have been keeping a diary. So far drinking a cup of warm water before and after the meal is working. Hardly any gas. I also am drinking a pint of water before breakfast waiting 45 mins till I eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.