icky

Posted , 3 users are following.

It will be a week tomorrow since I've been taking it. I feel a bit icky to be honest. In fact I've not gone for my swim which kinda defeats the object. The ickiness is putting me off eating too. Last night I ate plain rice, and chicken with some very low fat shop bought jar of balti sauce (1g) so I'm being careful. So I came on here to see your experiences. Today I've had a bowl of shreddies with skimmed milk. I had a cup of tea too, but I couldn't finish the tea cos of the ickiness. I've just had a cup of green tea. It kinda reminds be of that pregnant ickiness (which I'm not), when I couldn't face tea/coffee and went a bit food fussy etc. I'm 5ft 7 and 13 stone. Size 18 uk size. I don't know what to do for the best. I'm thinking of stopping the pills but I want to give them a chance. Any advise/similar experiences?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

if you have seriously changed your diet it may be your body going through withdrawal but if you have only cut back it may be the big that's going around.

do you have a temp?

are you eating enough?, can you try not having tea/coffee but stick to water or sugar free juice or fruit juice.

Give it a few more weeks as you really do need to give it at least a month to get a flow on what you can and can't eat and get a good routine on the go.

If you are still feel icky in a couple of days then go back and at least speak to a nurse if not your Doctor

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Suza. I'm confident that I haven't got a bug. I'm sure it's the pills and diet etc. Maybe I underestimated the pills I've been a bit 'icky' with a 'gripey' tum since I started on them and today has just been the worst. I haven't had any accidents but lets say my morning visit to the bathroom was certainly an experience! I haven't gone mad, just cut down. So, I'm thinking that perhaps 'bits' make more difference than I think. So, analysing yesterday to what must have caused todays troubles...

as I say....if I'd gone out for a slap up dinner or eaten cream cakes I could have understood it...but I thought I had eaten very well.....but as I said maybe I've underestimated it....

So,

Thinking back to EXACTLY what happened yesterday....

I was late for work so grabbed a banana and didn't bother with the pill.

One tea at work made with a small individual catering milk cos we'd run out of milk.

Colleague bought milk so had another tea made with what was probably full fat milk/semi skimmed.

At lunchtime we were stuck for food and we only had 15mins so a colleague went to the supermarket and bought 'meal deals'. I had a bottle of diet coke and shared sandwiches (she bought it without my knowledge).

In the evening I did my rice chicken balti thing with the 1g fat balti sauce jar I've discovered. Carton of natural yoghurt for pud...ooh I had two cos they were running out of date and wanted eating.

Late evening I was hungry and had a Hartleys low cal jelly (less than 10 cal and fat free). I thought it was great and had nothing in it so had a second of a different flavour.

I've been totally honest with what I've eaten here and I know I had two jellies etc but they really were innocent and my evening dinner was low fat.....I think it was the lunchtime sandwiches that I was 'given at work'. She'd bought one of chicken and one of ham so we had half of each one each. But the ham was actually ham and cheese and the chicken was chicken and stuffing.

Do you think my so called 'innocent' lunch could have called me so much trouble? It's so difficult in social situations isn't it? She was a life saver going and getting everybody their lunch it would have been so insulting not to have it. Maybe in hindsight I could have said 'oooh lovely...but i'll just take this cheese out...'

I really can't believe I couldn't go swimming today 'cos of yesterdays sarnies....but it must have been....?

x

• Posted

I had some red wine in the evening too. I know that can wack your calorie intake up too but does alcohol have an adverse affect on the pills? my pharmacist told me it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Posted

It might have been the sandwiches. I had to buy sandwiches when my husband got admitted into hospital after waiting hours to be seen and sorted . I was horrified to read how much fat was in most of the prepacked sandwiches, even the ones I thought were fairly healthier chioces, but luckily they had some low fat options. Maybe I would have been in the same situation as you if they had not been prepacked and had fat, calories etc
  • Posted

I think you're right. Haven't you got to be careful! A bit of cheese or stuffing in a sarnie and it's full of fat. I know when I've had to buy from a garage you can pick up two sandwiches on the shelf side by side and they can be so different in calories/fat. It feels so 'innocent' though. I noticed the cheese and the stuffing but I never thought it would be such a problem!

x

• Posted

It can so easily be done, hope you feel better soon, hopefully your symptoms will wear off soon
  • Posted

does seem to be what you have eaten.

remember banana's should only be eaten if they are small and no more than 3 a week.

the sandwiches also probably had full fat butter as well which wouldn't of helped.

also you should not be eating a main meal after 18.30 (advice from my nurse) as the body will react on the tablet but won't have time to process the fat/calories properly before your body start to shut down for sleep.

Hope you feel better tomorrow

• Posted

also you should not be eating a main meal after 18.30 (advice from my nurse) as the body will react on the tablet but won't have time to process the fat/calories properly before your body start to shut down for sleep.

oh no!!!! I always eat after 6.30pm!!!

I finish work at 5.15pm, by the time I cycle home it's nearly 6pm, change, shower etc, dinner on table no earlier then 7PM.

iS IT REALLY THAT BAD?

I'm on my first week and haven't felt any different yet :o(

• Posted

I can only go on what my nurse advised me.

she retold a story of a daughter being fed by her mother and that she had to wait until the mother had made the meal and it was often quite late so she was advised to eat the meal the next day when she got in from work so maybe worth you making up some meals and having them available to warm up. not sure that 1/2 hr will make much of a difference but thought I would mention it as it was advise given by the nurse to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.