id give up anything to feel normal again. ANYTHING

Posted , 6 users are following.

6 months ago , i did not know that " anxiety " existed. i used to be a healthy 21 year old girl who enjoys life to the fullest, even the things that freak out normal people didnt freak me out , i am always chill under any circumstance , until i had a tension headache and passed out. i started making blood tests just to check if there is something wrong, my brother tried to convince me that i passed out due to a panic attack , and i have no health issues. and thats all anxiety, since english is not my first language i googled the word " anxiety" since i had no clue. 2 months passed and i was completely fine.  i was out for dinner with my friend, she was talking to me and i wasnt paying attention, she thought something was wrong with me, and she asked me if i was okay , i dont know why her question freaked me out and i thought that there is something with me, i paniced. Since that day on July , i didnt get back to normal, im stressed literally 24/7 and have severe anxiety symptoms. i'd give up anything just to feel NORMAL again. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear you are feeling so awful, have you visited your GP? xx
    • Posted

I would definitely advise you to visit your GP for some support and advice. I was 21 when my anxiety began, my GP advised CBT therapy and a small dose of medication and this helped immensely in my recovery. X
    • Posted

That was 8 years ago and yes I got better with the help of the therapy and some medication. I came off my medication in April this year and my anxiety has come back so am going back on the medication now. X
    • Posted

i am not planning to go on medication at all, i believe it makes it worse since it causes hallucination rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Sarah! I was in the same situation as you. I'm 19 years old and as far as I can remember i;ve always been an extremely happy person. Until I got sick with something during March of this past year and the doctors called it off as the flu- even though i was negative for it three times. I eventually got better but never figured out what had made me so sick. 

My point is, is that ever since then, anxiety has run my life. And i feel like i've aged 10 years. For the longest time i wondered how this could happen to me and got every blood test possible because it must have been something medically wrong. I have finally trusted in that it is just anxiety and  with the help of a therapist and doctor i am beginning to take medication tonight. I strongly suggest going to see your GP and a therapist and trust in their opinion. This can happen to ANYONE but you shouldn't have to suffer with it. It takes a while but once you accept it and realize that it's not your fault- you can maybe come to terms with it and hopefully get better!!!! 

And plus anxiety is twice as likely to happen to girls at this age so don't feel like your abnormal. 

• Posted

Please feel free to PM me and talk about things! smile I have been struggling for quite some time so maybe i can talk you through somethings!!! 

• Posted

Oh Sarah! Sorry to hear you've been dealing with this. Yes, anxiety can "hit" you very suddenly. It happened that way for many of us. I was always anxious, but only in when I was 20 or so did it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. And since then I've never felt exactly the way I did before. But please, try not to worry. It gets easier. Have you visited a Doctor at all? Have you taken any therapy? Have you been prescribed any medications? All of these things can help you, friend. There are pathways to feeling better. All of this is the product of your mind, and the more you learn new ways of thinking and coping, the better you'll feel over time. 

Always here if you need me xxx 

• Posted

no i didnt take any therapy or medications and havnt seen a doc yet , its not that easy in my country, thanks alot xx
  • Posted

You passed out because your blood pressure most likely low at the time. That happens. Vaso vagel syncopy and always have that diagnosed by a cardiologist. I have that as my daughter. It is genetic. Doesnt do much of anything and manageable,But i will tell as you go thru peri menaoause bp raises and thats no longer an issue. In the interim keep yourself very hydrated and excersise and if you feel weak eat something salty. That howi managed it as how my daughter manages it. But again it was diagnosed. The panic attack itself doesnt make you faint. But when the attack starts your bp is low so you would faint before it rises like everyone elses. They used to be called "swooners" in the olden days and no one cared.

unless situational once these stupid anxiety attacks start they are yours. Lifeling BUT BUT they can be managed. First get a full exam. Have it diagnosed. Then learn learn and learn more. All you can do to arm yourself. Get into a good yoga class its very useful it teached body movements that calm the body, breathing techniques and it gives you a go to when stressed. Biofeedback is what i used long time ago for me it was great. That and theraoy because this disorder comes for your sanity, feels like it and a theraoist that is decent can helo you understand it and manage it. Pills are optional unless you cant function and are trapped in a crisis state then they are helpful. No matter what youhave to accept all this. This is you now. No ine knows why the body doesnt reset. It seems to be a mal function. So you have to manage it like another ailment out there. 

It is too easy to allow it to rule your oife. Fear is potent stuff. But the more you understand the less you will give into the fear. Less fear less oanic it is intertwined. That way you allow the cycle of ten minute adrenaline rush to wash iver you, deep breathe and go about your day. But getting from point a to point b is a ton of work, self love and acceptance. Sometimes a xanax is very useful too. Meditation is a must learn so you can escape it at times.

Its a cruel cruel disorder! Not well understood or really tolerated by those who dont have it. No way can they relate. Some can be compassionate but they do not know what it feels like. Theyd find a cure at high speed if they really knew.

it takes months to accept it as a part of you. It can come and go and it does. It can go away for days, week months and at times years.Theres self pity and confusion all along the way. Thats normal for this. It sucks. Forget about "normal" now. Now you have to find a new normal. Thats the truth. Everyone on here learns that at some point. Some get health anxiety as a result of the denial and that spirals into a whole new mess. It will not allow you to ignore it, fight it..you have to accept it and surrender to it by removing any emotionally attatchment to the whole thing. Way easier said then done but possible most of the time. 

• Posted

im fighting it as much as i can and pushing myself, i dont want it to be part of me. true no one can relate at all. thank you so much for the reply xx
  • Posted

Hi thats true unfortunatly you can pass out with anxiety thats the worsed that can happen wen u wake u normally feel ok its usually wen you hyperventilate is wen the cabon dioxide levels drop its wen u panic and start breathing really quick hope this helps
    • Posted

i didnt pass put at first from anxiety, but my brother thought that convincing me that anxiety was the reason would make me feel better, but it worked the other way around. thankyouu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.