Id like some advise!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Its a rather difficult subject to discuss but here goes! As I said previously Ive not long been out of hospital and now are having trouble with difficulty not being able to reach toilet in time as Im not getting any warning. Is this expected after a bad attack of DD? I feel that I was sent out of hospital too soon, but the nurses say they are overworked etc. Im scared to eat or drink as it just causes trouble mentioned. Is it best not to try eating until it stops? vera

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vera,   You might want to call your doctor.  I don't have an answer to the problem unfortunately.  Make sure you keep your fluids up.  Carol
  • Posted

Vera

As Carol says you must keeping keep getting fluids into you

Go to the A&E asap

You should never have left the Hospital never mind what they say if your not right

sorry I can't be more helpful

Kieran

• Posted

Don't panic is the first thing, and drink loads .Your body is trying to get rid of the 

drugs and infection, and there is only one way it does this, but if it goes on for

more than a few days A&E is your best bet, for immediate attention.

I understand you feeling safe whilst in hospital, but the doctors know when you are clear of infection, and send you home The nurses have no say on your discharge

Jacqueline

• Posted

Vera, go and see your gp. After diverticulitis you will have a very sensitive gut. The lining of the intestine us still most likely a bit inflamed and easily irritated. This cause fast hut transition and watery stools. It can also be a hit if mucus and sometimes bloodstained too. However antibiotics can cause opportunistic infections such as clostridium difficult. You need to see gp to tile this out. Once that's done you can start loperamide ie immodium. This will slow down the transition. Fast guts cause mal absorption too so you may need a multi vitamin. Diverticulosis does not cause diarrhoea on its own but diverticular disease often co exists with irritable bowel syndrome. Also after diverticulitis patients display classic symptoms of ibs, the flatulence the diarrhea, the stomache pains. This has been shown in clinical research. Symptoms can persist for months afterwards. But please go and see gp. And gave fluid replacement before. Pinch of salt and sugar in your pint if water will do just fine. Don't hi spending a fortune on the stuff in shops, it's practically the same. Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.