if my gallbladder scan came back clear,could I still have something wrong wif my gallbladder

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all ive just joined this group tonite and desperate for help? I have been suffering for the last 2 and a half years wif abdominal pain and back pain, my doctor prescribed me omeprazole as thought it was indigestion, pain seems to start in my back, inbetween shoulder blades then comes round to my stomach right at the top, it feels like a bad burning pain, after pushin my doctor and goin to out of hours emergancy doctors at 4 in the morning twice in last 7 weeks I finally got sent for a scan, now the woman doin the scan said she doesnt see gallstones and im 100% sure she said she could see sludge and mucas on the gallbladder, felt quite relieved as now found out wat it was that was causing the pain. Now I call doctors today as my results would have been back for the receptionist to say ur scan was clear! I started to get myself worked up as I have read all the symtoms to a gallbladder attack and after hearin wat the scan lady said I really thought I would get somewhere, I have to call doctors tomoro to get an appointment to see why im still gettin pain, surely it has to be aomethin! Im back to square 1 again if they cant c anything sad could they miss anything on a scan or have I misheard the scan lady. Sorry for writin a boom jut need some answers x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

GB pain is usually caused by stones, stones stuck in the ducts or inflammation of the GB. dont worry about it just see your doctor. In the meantime if you think it is the GB then go on a low fat diet only organic fruits & veg, healthy fats like olive oil, nuts and plenty of water - no dairy products, cut down on caffeine and packaged foods including sandwiches, you'd be suprised what they all contain, ok then see how it goes.
  • Posted

HIS Tammy and Trex

Sorry to see you are in pain Tammy

drink 12 small glasses of water a day, start with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in one. This will help alleviate the pain. eat things with lecithin in as this thins the bile.

I have been eating stewed rhubarb and my pain is considerably less. Rhubarb is a cleansing food.

Make a salad of beetroot, celery, and spinach leaves to help take pain away.

eat green crispy apples daily as the pectin clears bile, don't take too much oil, this makes the GB contract, obviously you need some.

get some fresh ginger cut two slices off and steep in boiling water to drink when not too hot. Hope this helps.

It' say learning curve all the way but the longer you have your Gb the better as the alternatives can be just as awful. Keep smiling and keep us in the loop on how you are getting on.

• Posted

I have the doctors this morning to discuss my acan results, just a bit angry that my scan has come back clearafter the wo, an telling me I dod have sludge in my gallbladder, ill let yous know wat they are sayin, I do think it xould be some dairy and chocolate that causes the pain as when I eat them im guarenteed to be up all nite xx
  • Posted

Finally got somewhere, I do have a small amount of sludge and debris on my gallbladder so gettin referred to get it out, im so happy as least I now know its something smile
  • Posted

My advice for what it' shorthand is that you should keep your gallbladder for as long as you can, if you get complications after having it out you get no help, you're on your own. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • Posted

Thanks, ive been sufferin for nearly 3 years now so would rather gt it out, other treatment they said was to take buscapan and inflammatory tablets bit buscapan doesnt help me in the slightest, jut want to be pain free , its startin to get me down now sad x
  • Posted

...but just know this 50% of people who have their GB taken out suffer from side-effects some which are everlasting.

Side-effects include: pain in the GB area even though theres no GB, Sphincter of Odi Dysfunction (SOD) = painand diarreah. There will be no more bile storage sack. The bile will constantly flow or trickle down from the liver and into the intestines. If theres no food in the gut it'll have to be dumped. Some people cant get out of the house because of the dumping syndrome, some people need to plan their lives around a toilet due to diarreah. There are medicines but not all are helpful and you also need to bare in you have to them for long term and the liver has to break down these toxic chemical and filtered by the kidneys.

For these reasons people try not have it taken out for as long as possible but seek alternative treatment or therapy instead.

Once you have GB out and side-effects happen the doctors will not take responsiblity and will fail to address the side-effects are a result of taking the GB out. It will open the door to a whole lot of other new problems which could be regretful.

• Posted

I suffered severe pains like you did Tammi and after a scan was found to have gallstones and an inflamed gall bladder. I was told that I would need to have the gallbladder removed which I did five months after being first diagnosed. In that five months I eased the discomfort by cutting out dairy food and fried / fatty food (which I had little of anyway) . I did get pains but were manageable. I did lose a lot of weight though, I went from 13st 12lbs to 12 stone within about three months. This was drastic as I was still eating.

I had the operation to remove my gallbladder on 4 April and came out of hospital on the same day. Unfortunately one of the "wounds" from the operation got badly infected and an abscess formed. This led me being taken into hospital for 5 days for the infection to be cut away and put on a strong course of antibiotics. Unfortunately I haven't felt well since the gallbladder removal, leaving aside the abscess, I still get considerable pain from my stomach most days. I have to go to the toilet more which is quite loose and I get dreadful indigestion making me want to burp quite a bit. I was hoping to put on some weight as I am very thin but sadly if anything it has gone down a bit more.

My GP says I have to be patient and it will get better. I hope for you Tammi that the pains ease for you and whatever treatment you have works out well for you.

• Posted

I agree with trex here! there are some very harsh side effects! look on facebook for bile salt malabsorption. Unpleasant as having your tired old Gb is, the alternative of having it out is not always the answer.

It will have to come out in the end but don't go rushing into this. I have had mine for three years too and hope to hang on to it for much longer due to my having acute diverticulitis.

• Posted

Hey Tammi so sorry about your pain but the others r quite rite ... Do give it a thought ... Meanwhile try the diet recommended.. My son suffered from pain too but is better after we started him on a low fat diet.. No cheese, butter n choclate... Also beet root, cucumber both are very good n apples n grapes too.. Take care
  • Posted

Thank u every1 for ur advice, I will have a good think about it now after reading ur comments, anivij I find mypain is guaranteed to start at nite time once ive ate cheese or chocolate or anything wif cream in it, weird how I can eat maybe a chocolate bar during the day or cheese or cream but pain doeant strt till usually 1 in the mornin, I will have a good think about it tho, thanks again every1 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.