IF YOU DONT HAVE ANXIETY YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANXIETY ......😠

Posted , 14 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Good morning everyone , I'm having a hard time this morning feeling really sad and upset and frustrated with some people around me .

Everyone around me thinks they have all the answers , they are always getting upset with me because of my anxiety , they are always saying things like , "stop saying you can't help it" or " you can't control it" I try to tell them this is not my normal self that's saying these things my anxiety makes me feel like I can't or gives me doubt's and fear , and sometimes fighting it doesn't always work , I've been through it all with anxiety and panic attacks , I've had over 100 symptoms thus far its been a nightmare , but for someone who doesn't take any meds only vitimans and faught through the lowest points of anxiety and came out of depression with no meds , I don't get any understanding from my boyfriend he is so hard on my he's always the one saying , "stop saying this and that" "stay off that forum" "your to strong for this" "don't claim anxiety" , yeah all that is easy for you to say you don't have it , like I'm not able to have a bad day or week . he makes me feel like crap when I'm having a moment , it break my heart because I'd never be that way towards him , I'm so understanding and comforting to anyone who needs it , especially my loved ones. I just had to get that off of my chest . my point is no one understands a anxiety sufferer like a anxiety sufferer ......

11 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jenni101183

I hear you loud and clear, sometimes people just dont get it.

I have anixety and Depression which isnt easy for me to tell many close family members as i fear that this will happen to me, i told 2 best friends one got it and understood because she herself has anxiety and the other well that sent me into a downward spiral because i could not understand how someone could open up and the other person be so cold and horrible about how i feel.

They dont and i promise that most people on here are so supportive and helpful, i would be lost some days when i have a bad day. post on here and someone will manage to make you smile or feel better about yoursef.

Stay positive, happy to chat if you need to smile

• Posted

from where I'm sitting I think it's time for a new boyfriend you need someone in your life that is supporting not bring you down and your totally right if no one has ever dealt with anxiety they have no knowledge of the nightmare it can be never the less do yourself a big favour and kick him to the curb and get someone who is supporting you in every aspect in your life in good and bad is that not why we get with someone in the first place i wish you all the best  

• Posted

You are 100% right, easier said than done , but this us definitely pushing me closer to making that decision.
    • Posted

yes totally agree it is easier said than done have been there myself my first marriage lasted 10years it's very hard to break the link so to speak i think that we have to draw a line somewhere in our lives and do what is best for yourself / ourselves I spent way too many years wishing for things to change but it never did so I done what was best for me and my children you don't have to kiss many frogs to get your prince I never Lol have never been happier with my 2ndwife now ..life to short

• Posted

do what is in your best interest girl be strong remember people/partner can only treat us the way we allow them to don't settle for second best you are worth more then that trust me I have stepdaughters who settle for how can i put it in a nice way not nice people that don't treat them right remember you are the one with the power and ability to do anything you wish  ..take care

• Posted

No they sure dont.so what  is really getting me angry. Is im surrounded by Bi polar people. I have 2 I live with.and it makes me all the worse.I also fought depression. with no meds.anxiety no i could not do it. had to take meds.so I guess then. we have to ignore them.or get them out of our lives. no one understands a anxiety sufferer like we that take them do.maybe we can vent out on this page.sometimes im so tired of fighting those who dont understand.I want to give up.Today is bad for me.have a 19 yr old cat not eating.Ive been dizzy for 2 day where I cant move my head or bend over.goin to ER later. cause its eaither my inner ear or my anxiety. its a hard road my sister. we can only understand each others anxiety. 1.tell them to keep any unpositive words to there self.or get out of your life.or go to a anxiety group to understand you better Hugs an sending lov to you.  from 1 anxiety suffer to the next.stay strong.
  • Posted

Hi,

I wanted to reply to ur post because I'm cross that ur partner doesn't show more empathy. I mean saying that 'dont let anxiety claim you' is pretty thoughtless but I wouldn't tell him that cos sounds like he's the kind of person who might put his defences up. I may be wrong.

I have anxiety and it has affected all my relationships so far not cos they want to end it but cos I'm so hard on myself and they don't live up to my impossibly high standards. It's not their fault, I'm the one who needs to be realistic.

Glad u got it off ur chest. Ur right though people don't understand and instead of saying these things they should take a bit of time to think about their response so it sounds more compassionate.

One thing is for sure though Jenni, you WILL get through this one day and come out the other side but from personal experience it may need you to make some big changes. I can't tell you what cos it's different for everyone. In my case I tried to put my mind to others as I felt (and was told by my ex) I was quite self absorbed so I started applying for volunteering roles perhaps a weekend day to get my mind off myself and onto others. I also donated some money to a boy in India who had a mysterious condition causing his eyes to pop out and bleed. It was heartbreaking to see the pain this boy was in.

I feel quite lucky as I teach primary kids and they are great to be around as you can inspire them, be a bit silly and they're quite innocent which is calming to be around.

But anyway I feel people should think more before they speak.

Soz for the essay.

Hope ur day gets better.

• Posted

Thanks you so .much , yes I work daily 8 he's or more a day and while at work Im battling anxiety all throughout the day , 5 days a week , and when I get home also , its a constant fight , I'm burnt out , tired, starting to feel depressed again , these symptoms are driving me insane and I'm just at wits end

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.