If you go wrong ...

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

how long does it take for the effects to come through?  

I had fish & chips on Friday but have been fine, also had some crisps, and this afternoon we are at a family buffet which will be difficult to conceal that I'm trying to eat healthily - not told anyone but my hubbie am on orlistat.

Still trying to find my way round what I should and shouldn't be eating.  Can;t figure the % fat in meals, just trying to eat healthily and low fat at the moment.

|Have been on tablets for just over a week - been on period (sorry if tmi) so felt bloated from that.  First weigh in on Friday ...

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I know the impAct can be straight away or upto 3 days, I think. I'm sure someone else with far more experience will be along. I'm on almost week 3. 

I know for me, it's been straight away. So, lucky you eating fish and chips and you wasn't running to the loo 😉😉😉

• Posted

Thanks for replying - an trying to get to grips with it ann and it doesn't help with big family reunion this week and weekend - hopefully give it my full attention from next weekend onwards

i will be careful today and tomorrow ...

• Posted

It's hard isn't when family are around or special functions. I haven't told anyone I'm on the tablets. Friends keep inviting me out and I just keep eating salad when I'm out as I don't want to embarrass myself. 

I would be careful incase you overload totally and your stuck to the loo - have a nice  day. 

• Posted

I only ever made the mistake of eating something I should not once, within 30 mins I was running to the toilet!

I am suprised you have eaten fish and chips and crisps! and think that you are eating healthy and low fat? surprised

You can see the fat content on the side of 99.% of purchased foods and if you look at Britney's messages you will have plenty of hints and tips for the so called rules for Oristat.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks - obviously crisps and fish and chips aren't healthy - they're the blips!! Apart from that I've been good !! 
  • Posted

Thankfully party wasn't too bad food wise and I managed some damage limitation.  On it 100% now

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up