if you suffer from anxiety please read this, it might help people :) I hope xx

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone! I've posted on here a few times about severe anxiety, hypochondriasis, panic disorder and chronic physicsl symptoms.

I have experienced terrible symptoms with anxiety from constant chest pain to dizziness, lightheadedness, pins and needles all over body, numbness and severe depersonalisation

It has been a huge, huge struggle and I thought I would never get over this. I refuse to take medication for a few reasons. One being that I have taken a few SSRI's and they have made me feel terrible and another being that I don't believe they make anxietybetter they just mask it. That's just me personally. 

Anyway, I have learnt that breathing does help. It really, really does. Just lying down, getting comfortable and just breathing in through the nose for 4 seconds, holding it for 4 seconds and breathing out though the mouth for 4 seconds. I do this for 30-60 seconds. I do sometimes feel a little lightheaded afterwards, in that case I just gradually stop taking as deep breaths. Afterwards, I sit up slowly and I feel very calm and have no anxiety, no negative or irrational thoughts and no horrible symptoms. I felt normal (which did feel strange having not felt normal for so long) This is because my body has oxygen pumping round again, this is why I experiencw horrid symptoms in the first place. 

I seriously advise anyone suffering from horrid anxiety to try this and see the results. You have to focus solely on your breathing though and you have to do it for at least a minute to give your body enough time to regulate the oxygen around the body. So all these symptoms stressing you out (like they do me being a hypochondriac and all) they're because you are defying your body of oxygen when you breathe shallow. 

I hope this helps people. a lot of people have helped me on here and I would like to do the same.  I sure have a long way to go to completely overcome this, but i feel more in control now I know how to beat it. 

We WILL NOT let anxiety control us. We are in charge here, not anxiety. - be kind to yourself, look after yourself. Sleep well, eat well and be kind to yourself smile

Take care everyone xxx

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What a great post! It's lovely to read something so positive.

I too have these symptoms and I try so so hard not to let it take over my everyday life. 

Posts like these really help so thank you smile xx

• Posted

I'm glad I could be of a little help. It's amazing how much better it makes you feel just knowing that you have such a simple tool to eliminate anxiety

My breathing is completely or of loop due to acute anxiety and so I just don't breathe properly so today I've felt the physical symptoms of that but no anxiety because I know that I can get rid of it in just a matter of minutes. smile 

I've taken so much power over my life back 

x

• Posted

The dizziness is the worst and my last symptom that just won't go away!! Thank you for you post! 😊👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.