iim petrified

Posted , 4 users are following.

i keep thinking i have a brain tumor and its really scaring me, i cant stop thinking about it, i have always obsessed with my pupils been slightly different sizes so i went to the docs a while back and they said its normal and nothing to worry about and my pupils were still reacting how they should ect. anyway all that worry is back again, i keep getting tingling on my hair line, and shooting pains in my head only like once a day and its not painful just know its there, im so scared. lots of people have said these are symptoms of anxiety but i dont knowsad someone help me settle im shaking like madsad anyone else have these thoughts? or similar symptoms? is it likley to be a tumor or am i really over thinking it? will docs think im wasting there time? i keep having really weird dreams and i hilucinate at night after iv been asleep for about half an hour i wake up and see things but iv always done that and im on atenalol? help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I get tingling and shooting pains I thought that was a brain tumor but my doctor said it's anxiety yours sounds like anxiety also I wake up threw the night sometimes and see faces that aren't there x
  • Posted

My pupils are different sizes, I've got one eye worse than the other, it's nothing to worry about if you've been checked out. I also get the head pains, it's a symptom of anxiety. It happens even when you're not having an attack because of the adrenaline, anxiety takes a hell of a lot out of you! I'm constantly anxious at the moment, haven't had a panic attack in a week though and it's mainly thanks to this forum, so many people going through the same, there's no way they could wrongly diagnose so many people is there? read people's stories on here, it's really reassuring. If you had a tumour you'd likely know about it!
  • Posted

Yr eyes look perfect to me 😉, I'm sure you will be fine worst thing u can do is panic yrself x
    • Posted

I totally agree this forum does help me and your right how could they wrongly diagnose so many people x
  • Posted

no,you are not wasting docs time.that is what they are there for.Dont worry they are well compensated.also yes I have thought of having a brain tumor.also other worries that turned out to be nothing.such as heart problems from anxiety.now I compete in sports .I still get the idea of cancer everytime I see a pimple or bump.but I have lived through so much of these ideas they dont weigh very heavily anymore.I remember one time I stopped paxil abruptly.I didnt know a sie affect was feeling of mild electrical shocks and my brain would hear an internal zap.I though ,well thats it .I am dieing for sure this time.but I didnt.I hope you can relax .there are some good relaxation exercises on this page under related information.they work for me and for years now.I hope you tell your docs about your hallucinations.
    • Posted

Yeah yr right there I was back n forth from docs mostly seeing same doc until he said was nothing more he could do n passed me on to see if someone else had an alternative view but nar if u don't feel right then go rather than worry yrself , I'm sure I used to be there more than the staff lol
  • Posted

Funny enough like I was saying before about my headaches Catherine a brain tumour is exactly what has been going thru my head but I no it's my anxiety however still struggle to calm myself down but the best thing to do is to realise the symptoms and no that it's just anxiety
    • Posted

It's so hard once your in a full blown panic to stop that panic happening it's absolutely awful and once it passes I feel stupid and embarrassed
    • Posted

I did when I started getting them at 20 I was totally embarrassed and told no 1 for a long time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.