Illness or anxiety??

Posted , 4 users are following.

So for the past month my body is experiencing new symptoms that it hasn't before. It seems like it comes up with new things to worry about after another symptom goes. For the past few weeks I've been feeling really off balance.. Not particularly dizzy.. Just when I work I feel like I'm tilting more to one side of I feel like I'm not straight. Sometimes when I walk too it feels like I'm falling (I never do fall) it's just what it feels like. Ive spoke to my partner about it, and she said its my subconscious mind playing tricks on me.. It make sense but how can your brain make up symptoms? It does seem to be more present when I really think about it, I'm crying or anxious, or I'm waiting for it to occur, so maybe she is right. However I'm thinking its something serious like I always do.. I'm also experiencing Depersonalisation. Everyday I'm in a dream like state, it sometimes feels like I'm floating out of my body, I space out and stare at one particular thing which seems like ages. When I look in the mirror I also don't recognise myself.. I look like a complete stranger, someone I've never seen before, my body is also numb. it's so confusing. Does anyone else feel like this? Or is it just me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when you are not hence the anxiety/panic.

Meds and or therapy will help to fix that switch and teach you how to cope

Stop giving the anxiety attention that is just making it worse

Stay Strongrolleyes

• Posted

I've been having dizziness and feeling like I'm swaying when siting it standing still even tho I'm not or maybe I start to sway and don't know I'm doing it?? I think the nite u focus and look for things they will happen. Hope u feel better 😊
  • Posted

hi yes this anxiety is crazy ive had anxiety for years your right when you get rid of one symptom another one crops up i also get off balance dizzy feel like im going to collapse im reseaching anxiety now and doing a daily journal and getting help im doing alot better now i tend to laugh at some symptoms now we must be warriors of anxiety and dont let it stop us take care
    • Posted

I find that though I sometimes get it when I'm not anxious.. Thats when my partner says its my subconious trying to play tricks on me and because I have a chemical imbalance sad it's horrible, want to get better
    • Posted

i know jackie anxiety is hard to deal with anxiety starts in our sub conious mind you will get better but stop trying to fight your anxiety thats the first step its almost like calling a truce with you and your anxiety this sounds mad but you wont get better until you stop trying to get better start to wake up and have a positive attitude about the day negative thoughts are breeding grounds for anxiety 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.