Im 22 and Ive been suffering from severe GORD for a year

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 22, have been suffering from severe GORD for a year and a half now but was only diagnosed less than 6 months ago.

Had an endoscopy and my advice to those that have never had it done before, dont have it while ur awake, ask to be sedated because when ur gullet and stomach are raw and sore the pain of the endoscopy can be excrutiating, the worst experience in my life!

been put on omeprazole since and ive tried to figure out what foods i need to avoid but ive become increasingly intolerant to many foods. I even stopped having dairy products and switched to soya milk but now that seems to upset my stomach too.

The symptoms i get:

feeling sick and bloated,

deep pain in the stomach,

the opening to my stomach feels very tight and notted and can sometimes feel like ive got a marble stuck there too,

food feels heavy no matter what i eat,

shark pain occassionaly on my right side of my chest,

i tend to hiccup alot as well,

severe hunger pains when im mildy hungry,

and my saliva becomes really thick.

Ive found it can be triggered by:

stress,

When ive got an empty stomach, so i make sure i always have a snack in my bag and the necessity to eat regularly at regular times everyday is important.

It does take over ur life, and can make me feel very down at times.

[i:0781d8c54e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0781d8c54e]

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi just read your comments. Have just had a gastroscopy as i was taken to EAU at my local hospital. I had a bad atack of really severe pain while i was working (am nurse!) Thought i was having a heart attack had severe epigastric pain low BP low temp pins and needles in hands and legs and acording to my colleges was white, lips blue, shaking with cold but sweating profusely.Was rushed to the admissions unit and kept in overnight. Had all the blood tests and ECG and chest xray, that was 7 days ago and just had gastroscopy yesterday!! Cant beleive it was so quick. All it showed was I had a lot of bile in my stomach but no damage to lineing. Am a bit puzzled because i had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago and thought that i woulndt get any more pain. This pain is very like the pain i had before removal but much more severe! Have been on Arthrotec for arthrits and came off it 6 weeks ago,and my symptoms have increased since then!Dont know if this has anything to do with this pain. Am now waiting to see the consultant but have got to have a MRCP in the meantime, dont know how long i will have to wait for that. Docs have put me on 30mg of lansoprazole, hasnt really done much good yet, still getting pain comes anytime of day or night. Am getting rumbly tummy all the time as if i was hungry! Will let you know how i get on after the next test!!

[i:7281901b6c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7281901b6c]

• Posted

was hoping ur tests went well.. my boyfriend always says that it sounds like theres a hirricane in my stomach coz its rumbles so much especially after eating and it sounds so loud too. smile i can be embarrassing sometimes especially when ur in a quite room!!

[i:e180dc6e21]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e180dc6e21]

• Posted

i have just turned 25 and have had these symptoms nearly all my life had the endoscopy and told me there was nothing wrong and left it like that until now i have just had another gastroscopy and i am goin for the oesophageal manometry and 24 hour ambulatory ph studies today to see if i have a reflux disease i have been takin 40mg of omeprazole for quite a while now so just hope this sorts it out ive not been allowed to take my omeprazole for a week and oh my god im in so much pain heartburn and vomiting all the time i have the same symptoms as you but i vomit all the time i can eat my dinner and then eat my tea after that i can vomit my dinner but not my tea hope other people get these symptoms and im not just a strange child haha
  • Posted

my symptons are exact the same, im 23 and had pain for 3 yrs.

i have a hiatus hernia and need a ph test and monometry test and kinda scared..

anyone know what it like? i have had 3 endoscoys so i been told it not as bad as that.

i cant go out much at night coz i get all this saliva come up and just want to belch.my stomach makes horrible sounds andmakes me feel down

• Posted

I find i get vomitting a lot with mine. I always feel hugnry i find myself eating more just to get rid of the pain. i have suffered wid this sionce a child and have been going on different talets but non seem to do nething then it settled down a bit as i got old but i recently came oer wid bad flu and since then its started up very bad. Im in a lot of pain with it and oit sure what else the doc can do cos i havebeen on so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.