Im 40 and I think my prostate has an issue.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ok so here is the deal, this is going to get a little personal. I apologize in advance. First of all I am new here and this has probably been answered already, but I’m kind of worried. A couple of months ago I started to notice some changes in my functions “downstairs.” 

The first thing I noticed wasn’t regarding urination. It was that when I ejaculate, the spurts were more like pre-pubescent oozes. Sorry for the image. I was also not waking up with morning wood anymore. I thought that maybe I was tired or whatever and figured I’d get back to my old distance records soon enough. 

Then I started to realize that when I have to take a leak, even when I have to go really bad, that I had to sort of make it happen and the stream is about 1/3 of normal.  Recently I have had to really help it along and sometimes there is some dribbling that occurs when I think I’m finished. I’ve never had a UTI that I can remember. I almost never get sick. My height and weight are where they are supposed to be and my last biometric blood scan had better than normal results. I did lose about 60 pounds last year by changing my diet and being more active at home. 

Sorry for the gory details, but I am very concerned and wanted to be as detailed as possible. Thank you. 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

For starters, not much is off limits here (except posting URLs:  that will trigger board administrator intervention.)   I recommend that you see a urologist to find the cause of your issues.   If possible, try to see a urologist who is not too old.  I'm old myself, and I discovered that my first urologist, who is in his mid 60's had not kept up to date with new knowledge and practices.   You will likely have some tests, including a cystoscopy.  If you care tell us where you live, maybe someone can recommend a good urologist near you.

Good luck.

• Posted

I. I agree you need to see a urologist to check that your prostate isn't enlarged or has some other problem. He can do a quick ultrascan as well as a finger check. My uro used his portable ultrascan in his office and it only took 10 minutes to check the size and shape etc via the rectum.

• Posted

I didn't need a urologist to tell me my prostate was enlarged and that I had prostatitis.  My General Practitioner did that for me.  He eventually referred me to a Uro.  In fact, that is the route you have to take in America anyway: is to go through the GP first.

• Posted

I tend to go by time of day and words used to guess where the poster is. If he is in the UK his doctor will not have a scanner in his surgery and he will need to be referred to a urologist and that will take weeks although his GP will at least do a DRE.

However two words used here says that he is an American :-)

• Posted

For starters, not much is off limits here (except posting URLs:  that will trigger board administrator intervention.)   I recommend that you see a urologist to find the cause of your issues.   If possible, try to see a urologist who is not too old.  I'm old myself, and I discovered that my first urologist, who is in his mid 60's had not kept up to date with new knowledge and practices.   You will likely have some tests, including a cystoscopy.  If you care tell us where you live, maybe someone can recommend a good urologist near you.

Good luck.

• Posted

No need to be concerned about being graphic on this site. You are among friends. That having been said, what you are describing sounds like BPH symptoms.. but you are a bit young for those symptoms. I am not a doctor but I would imagine that prostatisis may cause those symptoms. I would definitely see a urologist to have your fears and concerns put to rest. In any event I would try not to worry about it too much. 

Gary

• Posted

Thanks for the responses. I live in NW Georgia. I’m new to the area having relocated from Cali back in October. My wife has set an appointment for me to see a doctor on NEXT Wednesday and that was the earliest one I could get. I’m happy to answer any question because I have no filter.

Ha. Especially when it comes to the function of my favorite appendage.  

• Posted

When you see a urologist, if you get a "pitch" for rushing to surgery, don't do it.  Come back here, share your report, and take some time before agree to surgery. (There are rare exceptions to that advice, but take your time is usually the best advice.)

• Posted

Blair don't let him scare you.  Your only 40.  You don't need any surgery for now.  Do you know how old the doctor.  I don't know any doctor's here.  I live in Florida that is where my doctor is but I am in Dallas Georgia till the end of May.  Will be back at the end of june  Take it easy  Ken

• Posted

Get Kenneth to come to your next appointment with you.

!

• Posted

Yes it is a small world    There off Hiram Ackworth Hwy and Paulding.  Nice area a lot of stores around My grand kids school is not to far. Hope all goes well with the doctor.  Also make sure you have your testosterone checked it may be low.  Also stress is the worst thing for a man.   Take care  Ken 
    • Posted

If he need's someone.  I have no problem with that. Ken

• Posted

With your experience of Uro's you know the questions and answers he needs.

• Posted

Thank you for that info. My first appointment will be with a GP doctor in Austel. I’m going to be as upfront as I possibly can and hopefully get the checks I need as soon as possible. If I get referred to see a urologist I will definitely keep this in mind. 
    • Posted

I’d be interested in some info regarding that support group. Thank you so much for you reply. 
    • Posted

It is a very nice area and very scenic.  I traded an inner-city apartment in Cali for a house in the North Ga Hills. It’s much more suited to my love for fishing and I’ve even started to dabble a little in gardening.
    • Posted

I hope he know the question he needs to ask.  He should make a list for himself to be sure  I hope this doctor takes the time for him and answer his questions.  Ken 
    • Posted

Blair, Please feel free to send me an email to and I will send you info on the support group.

Henry Oat

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Please send a PM to Blair  he does need help at this time make sure he is aware of things.  Thank you  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.