Im back again any advice would be helpfull

Posted , 8 users are following.

So ive suffered health anxiety since the sudden death of my dad last december. Ive had everything wrong with me from brain tumour.to dvt (in my mind) . Ive been doing so well the past 2 months but now i seem to be going back to my old ways . My new fear is blood and bone cancer due to being tired all the time and my whole body aching , now the tiredness could be from me taking co codamol daily to migraines and 2mg diazepam for the anxiety but the aches and pains especially my arms and legs i cannot explain!! Im getting my self more and more worked up im too scared to go to my dr.s to ask for blood tests as ive been so many times in the past few.months . I had a full blood test work up in the middle of march this year and all was normal . I havent lost weight infact ive gained abit . Im just so sick of living in fear everyday , im dizzy alot and always have a stiff tight neck and shoulders and usually a headache . What do i do ?? How can i get rid of these fears its starting to drag me back to where i started . Im scared to have any kind of test because i know they will come up i,have cancer or something please help or advise me . I have 4 children and cant live like this anymore.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You don't have cancer!!

I am also like this and it's all in our heads I've tried everything with the Dr's and everything has came back fine I am determined I have a brain tumor due to headaches and dizziness head pressure etc they wwon't give me a scan so I am constantly worried about this

but the more we worry the more it's controlling us and ruining our life save you tried medication or seeing a therapist?

Take care x

• Posted

Hey i believe that you should go to the doctor just to make your worries disappear. your anxiety has made you believe that it will happen which makes everything worst. As an anxiety sufferer myself, we have to learn how to prove to our minds that it is wrong. We have to take control of our body. Thus, i really think you should go to the doctor and get evaluated so that they can rule out your worries. Just hang in there, everything will be ok.
  • Posted

Its so terrible its like i need reassurance constantly , as we speak im in the middle of a panic attack aond im alone with my 2 youngest children . I convinced myself ive had a brain tumour., cervical cancer , DTV's , a stroke , heart attack and like ive said my new ones are blood&bone cancer. Its just never ending i hate living like this its not a life its an existance :'( . I am on 2 mg diazepam a day tried CBT but i didnt find it helpful :-( . My ears feel really blocked i do have a blocked nose and cough though. I didnt go out for nearly 6 months but the past 3-4 weeks ive been going out everyday pushing my self so im just wondering if the aches and pains r because my body is being used alot again? And not just laying on the sofa all day. Does anyone get muscle/nerve twitches all over their body i get the in my head , face , legs , back , tummy and shoulders and they freak me out and make me panic x
    • Posted

Well that's a start going out, 6 mmonth I've been hiding away for I do go out but I wwon't go alone and when I do get out II'm worrying and panicking incase something happens to me its not a life at all

And yes I do get pains in my legs I can't stand to long my arms always feel dead I especially always get pains in my head and face its a new pain everyday its constsnt your not alone your if you stayed in that long on the sofa then yes your body pprobably got lazy

• Posted

Going to the drs for reassurance I'm sure you already know is not the right thing,it just feeds the anxiety. No reassurance is enough. Therapy to help you deal with the root anxiety I think is the only thing you can do,everything else is just dealing with symptoms and not the cause
  • Posted

Its a very vicious circle and im a googler which i know is even worse!! I did stop and felt amazing , then i thought well im getting better and was reading something in the news.paper about someone having cancer then it seemed within days i started getting the symptoms!! My partner put a pin on the. internet on my phone and the laptop at first which helped so i may get him to do it again. I find music helps and also cuddling my children both make me feel calmer like a weight has been lifted. And it really does sometimes feel like your alone then reading.forums like this makes u realise so many people have the same problems . I think i will go to the doctors and ask for maybe councelling as i need to be better for my children
  • Posted

My dad had a stroke last March and he is disabled. His right side was totally affected so he can't do much. I know he's still alive, but I miss him and how he was before because he was the one who took care of the family, put us in our right mind when something was wrong, encouraged us to not be afraid and to always do better than what he had accomplished in life. To lose the mind of my biggest motivator is heartbreaking because I feel i can't accomplish what I could when he didn't have the stroke. (That's my self diagnosis as to why I am the way I am). Its weird because I wasnt like this last year and I think that's because I was in school and it was distracting, I had my friends around, and there was a friend who I had at work that distracted me from my problems by flirting. He left the job this March and I basically withdrew myself from my friends.

I also thought I had a brain tumor because I felt pressure in my head and behind my nose. One night I woke up to my right eyes and nose watering really bad. I don't have the pressure as frequently as before so the tumor thing has been dismissed. Just a week ago I started to believe I had Dvt too because I had a weird pain in my calf it was like a Sharp shock that lasted a second and it happened 4-5 times in the past week. I check my legs but there were no swelling redness tenderness etc. My doc told me it's because of the lactic acid (something of that sort). I get light headed often and pain in my chest which just turns out to be gas, stiff armpit, neck, pain in the arm, and shoulder. So I always believe its my heart.

I hate being home or anywhere alone, because I fear something will happen and no one will be there to save me. I also fear that I will act out in public and people will resent me and call me crazy and not help. Ughhhh

• Posted

I left out that I will be speaking to a psychologist and honestly talking to strangers who wanna know about it without judgement has helped so I'm hoping this help me too.
  • Posted

i know the feeling in living in fear i had a really close friend die...and every since it was like somethng inside me exploded and its very diffcuilt to deal and now i have anexity and have a fear of Death... it started when i was 20 and now im 28 and still dealing with this issue...been to doctors nothing wrong they say ...u sound like a hypercondric...i also have that just try to thing postive thoughts sweetie and hang in there and Stay Strong i kno it's bettter said then done...but i believe u can do it...Hugs to you...smile
  • Posted

It's a question of what you're really afraid of or what's really driving you.  The worst outcome of illness is death and when you realize nobody lives forever and everyone must die and that it's really nothing to fear, then illness and sickness won't seem so frightening.  You need to evaluate and get over your fear of death and illness.  By conquering your fear of death you can move away from health anxiety and accept what happens in the future.  That was my only out of the same conundrum.  I was running to the dr every three days with imagined canceers and driving myself insane.  I wanted to kill myself from the mental torture.  One day when I was convinced I had a brain tumour, I said to myself that this was going to kill me in a month.  I accepted it and felt so much better.  I ddidn't get the headache checked out and it went away.  In my mind I've had throat cancer numerous times, lymphoma, lung cancer, bone cancer, stomach cancer, bowel cancer, skin cancer, brain tumours, liver tumours and testicular cancer.  

Once I accepted terminal illness and death, I was able to get away from these constant anxieties.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.