Im constantly thinking im going to due

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi im a 15 year old boy and the past two weeks have been the scariest days of my life. I am having weird pains and thoughts that I've never had and they are scaring me. It starts with a rapid heart rate, then I get light headed and dizzy. My chest hurts and sometimes its hard to breathe. My back hurts, my neck feels awkward and I get cold and my face and head feel weird and heavy with a hot feeling sometimes and also my back hurts. Everytime this happens I get really scared and start to think Im dying. This never happened to me before and I was really happy but now Im scared to sleep because I think I might die while sleeping. I really really want to get better so please help me.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi kevon , a lot of people that have anxiety struggle with these same symptoms and more , I myself are one of those people , I have all these symptoms and have experienced others it sounds lime anxiety , and its awful and scary I know !!

Have you been checked out yet by a doctor ?

• Posted

Yeah and they said that everything was fine with me. Im really scared though. Im so confused by all of this and I just want to be normal again.

• Posted

Trust me I.know how you feel , I go through this everyday , and i pray everyday that i wake up hoping I'm.back to my normal self again , its so sad to have to deal with this !!
    • Posted

Hey there, have you seen a therapist or gotten counselling?
  • Posted

Hiya. It's defiantly anxiety sweet but go see your doctor about it he can put your mind at ease and he will check you out and confirm if it is anxiety. Don't panick I had it at 15 it feels a lot worse than with school and what not but you're never alone! Speak to a close friend or family member. Xx
    • Posted

K. I will try to stay calm during all of this.
  • Posted

Hi Kevin

It sounds to me like your having a panic attack. I started having these in my 20s. I was perfectly normal and happy then one day just out the blue my heart started racing I felt dizzy etc and felt as if I couldn't breath. The more I panicked the worse it got. I don't know why this happened to me because I wasn't worried about anything. Since then I have suffered with them on and off.if it is panic attacks and it really does sound like this, then I can assure you that you won't die. It may feel like it at the time but you won't. The thing is with panic attacks is the more you panic the worse it will feel.you need to try and relax and concentrate on your breathing nice and slow. Try not to over breath because this will make you feel worse. Do you live with your mum or dad? I think you should tell them how you have been feeling or any other adult who may be able to help you. There's nothing worse than suffering with these horrible things alone. If they don't get any better than they can maybe take you to the doctors who will be able to talk to you about your symptoms and help you. But I'm sure you will find if you try and calm yourself down whilst these episodes are happening, you will realise that your not going to die. Try not to worry you will be fine and please talk to a adult about how your feeling .

Take care

Lisa x

• Posted

Thank you Im going to talk to my mom about this and plan a trip to the doctors office.
    • Posted

I think thats a good idea. It definitely sounds like panic attacks to me. Just remember you cannot die from panic attacks. Just try and stay calm and relax.

Hope you feel better soon

Take care

X

• Posted

Hey man, im not a professional but whats going on right now is the same thing i have been having its all just plain old anxiety, the reason for your light headed and dizzy is cause your not noticing it but your not breathing normally, cause your worried so your breathing fast and your not getting your full oxygen to your head witch is causing you to be light headed your rappid heart beat is cause by being worried/scared about what your going through witch is normal for that to happen to the body, you'll see when you get ilder and go for your first work interview if you havent got one yet the pain in your neck and back is cause by stiffness of you tensing up cause your worried something is really wrong with you witch is also another cause for being light headed and having headaches when you have a "stiff neck"

Your really young i can assure you that your okay and your just getting anxiety symtomes search up breathing excersises and physical excersises like yoga ect. To calm your self down when it does happen cause whats going on is panic attacks

If you cant control it just talk to your docor explain whats going on and he could probably do better then i can to comfort you with it anxiety is not fun but it gets better once you learn to cope with it and learn to fight it, hope this help out a bit little guy take care smile

• Posted

Hi mate I can relate to everything you have said

Anxiety sucks its a nasty illness we just have to try and stay strong and fight it

Take carebiggrin

• Posted

Hi Kevon sorry you are going through this at a young age. I myself have a lot of anxieties and lately i have had pain in my neck or arms or legs, This is all do to stress and tention. At times when i am anxious i have had my heart race too and yes it is scary. 

You should talk to your parents about what you are going through and see if you need something for anxieties to help calm them down 

I know it sucks being scared when you don't understand what is going on but believe me you will live through this 

Hope you feel better

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.