Im going mad

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi anyone

2nd night on sertraline and did not sleep anxiwty through the roof, shaking, lost yet more weight.  My friends tell me to continue but is this worse than the original anxiety.  I find it hard to think back to to the orignal causes.  what to do its the weekend and all friends with families and I am alone.

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joyce

Try your hardest this weekend to stay as busy as you can. Go to the mall, the movies, treat yourself to dinner. Think of it as a well deserved treat!

I don't particularly have a lot of family and my friends are mostly work friends so I don't spend much free time with them. It helps my anxiety quite a bit to stay busy as possible. Try not to let anxiety live constantly rent free in your mind. I understand how difficult it can be to make yourself do things but I know you can do it!

Best of luck to you

Teresa

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi, Joyce, I agree with Teresa. Keep yourself occupied, if, the meds are not helping then got back to your gp. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have been to dr and ssri dont agree with me now on mirtazapine.  Helps me slepp and eat apparently

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am slightly ashmatic so dont think this is suitable for me John

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Joyce

these are the side effects of the drugs.  I too had nights like that and with anxiety.  They do abate.  I promise.  Just awful having to go through them.

lynda

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Also you are not going mad.  Remember these are side effects.

lynda

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up