Im having severe symptoms, are these all to do with reflux?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, im new to this group and wondering what all your symptoms were, im getting loads and wondering if all have to do with reflux or meds? Some of my symptoms are muscle spasms, pins and needles, white foam, dry mouth, lump in throat, head pressure, chest pressure, mucus in stools, adrenaline rushes, but most worryingly a funny head, mostly on right side, feels like im not in control of my own body and makes me feel weak.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Many of your symptoms are commonly reported for those of us who suffer with extra-oesophageal reflux.

Go to www DownWithAcid org uk and find the chapter on extra-oesophageal reflux which explains the symptoms and has the results of a survey which shows the most commonly reported symptoms.

• Posted

hi barretts, thank u for your reply. Thanks for the link ill have a look. The thing thats worrying me is the feelings in my head, feel like im gona pass out sometimes
    • Posted

Hi Colleen. Sorry to harp on about the benefits of honey but there is a lot of evidence on line to support the fact that drinking honey in warm water does reduce stomach acid and helps with a host of conditions. I Didn't even know this before I tried it but can't emphasise enough how much it's helped me. I have made no other significant diet changes and rarely exercise. I would encourage any reflux sufferers to try this, I genuinely believe it will help.

I hope you have been out and bought some, my symptoms improved within days so hope yours do too. Good luck

• Posted

hi julian, yes ive had my first cup of tea without sugar and a spoonful of honey, didnt think i could go without sugar but i liked it :-)
    • Posted

Awesome. I Didn't think I would like it either but prefer it now. Fingers crossed

• Posted

julian ill try anything, but i think ill stick with that anyway, it was nice. does it work in coffee too?
    • Posted

I don't drink a massive amount of coffee but have tried it and it tastes good. I still put milk in my tea, don't think that's significant but thought i'do say just in case you think you need to leave it out
    • Posted

Me either. Although for some reason i did the first time I tried it with honey . To be fair that tasted better than normal as well
  • Posted

Hi Colleen:  We get a lot of useful advice on this forum.  However, I would suggest you see a physician concerning your symptoms.  If you already have seen a doctor, try to arrange a second opinion.  Ask for more tests, including blood tests to check for organ function and vitamin/ mineral deficiency.  You should not be having so many symptoms.
    • Posted

hi jonathan, im going 2moro to get vitamins and hormones bloods done. to be honest my body doesnt take kindly to tablets, i seem to have a reaction to most :-(
    • Posted

Okay, very good.  Please share with us the results.  Any information shared helps many.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.