im home , its done, my gallbladder is gone!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just a quick post. My op was today. I was petrified. So so scared. I was first down for afternoon surgery and got in a state. All the theatre staff were very kind. I do not remember being put under at all. I was worried about this but shouldnt have been. I woke up in recovery and that was it.

In pain thats true for sure and wearing very attractive hospital socks....not! But its so far not as bad as i thought.

Surgeon came down to let me know it all went well although my gallbladder was stuck to my liver which caused a bit of bleeding.

Throat a bit sore with horrible after taste but other than that ok.

Hope my post helps a bit. I suffer very badly with anxiety but if i can do it so can you xxxxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So Pleased all went well now onwards and upwards for you lovely take care xxxx
  • Posted

Glad all went well for you.  Keep us posted.  Speedy recovery.
  • Posted

Good , now don't do anything ok recover , stay bored it will help you. Sore throat goes in two days lost my voice a bit but I'm ok now. No gallbladder pain ....... 😁👍💐
  • Posted

Glad everything went well for you, just rest up now - job done!
  • Posted

Well done. I am waiting to have my gallbladder out.

Fortunately I have never been a worrier, people are different.

Take care and keep in touch.

Love Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.