Im just so tired of this. When will it end?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don't know where to start. I'm just so tired of this "anxiety". I can't take it any more. Everyday seems to be like hell for me. I get a new pain or some type of symptom and I worry about it so much, every conclusion ends with me dying from that symptom.

Today I had bad pain in my forearm and thought of a dvt, then I felt my fingers/wrist tingling and was sure it was a blood clot in my arm doing this. My arms still kinda hurts.

I had pain in my neck which also made me worry about a blood clot, hardening of the arteries, wisdom tooth infection, stroke and heart attack.

Pain in my abdomen which made me worry about heart attack, pancreatitis, liver problems.

Migrain which made me worry about stroke, aneurysm, seizure and tumor.

Heartburn which makes me worry about heart attack, esophageal spasms etc.

Frequent urinating and tingling throughout my body makes me worry about MS.

The list is endless and I'm so tired of it all. I wanna go to the doctor to figure out what's wrong, but I'm afraid I'll get dx with a deadly/uncontrollable condition. Yet I'm so tired of going to the doctors and them telling me it's just anxiety. How can all this be anxiety? How can my mind be making all these up? Its basically telling me that I'm lying on what I feel.

I wouldn't worry so much about dying so young, but with all my responsibilities I can't die yet.

I don't know if anyone understands what I'm rambling about, but I'm just so tired of not living my life without a care in the world. I just wanna be happy and relaxed again and I can't.

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello WB,

All I can offer you is this: Anytime you start to feel anxious, try to focus on the many positive results you get every time you've been to the ER, or doctors offices.

I suffered with bad anxiety symptoms for only a few weeks, before convincing myself that it was all a mind game and that I was the game master. Once I understood the reality of my situation, it became much easier to quash the anxious feelings.

Focus on the facts.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your not rambling at all your describing my life i been having pain_ in my chest for a year automatically thought its my heart 3 ecgs and 2 xrays tell me otherwise and to this day have no diagnosis so everytime i get a pain major panic attack until someone has been through this they have no idea i certainly didnt realise what anxiety can do to you. It took me to a&e on a number of occasions and i got to the point where i thought i can't live like this anymore im done but somehow day by day i do, go see your gp it can only help.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I relate to this so much! Ive been worrying myself to death these past few weeks over my body aches and i just wish i would go back to normal...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Worry bunny,

You are not alone. i'm constantly worried about my health and symptoms. For the past month i've convinced myself i have every cancer possible and tumors. i've had many tests including MRI's. CT scans, blood work, ultrasounds, and even stool samples. Now you can probably imagine how bad my medical bills are. I also went to the emergency room two days in a row. I need to constantly distract myself because if i don't, ill literally start examing my body little by little. next thing you know i convince myself i have skin cancer. it seems like its a never ending cycle. at this point, im sure doctors see me with dollar signs tatted on my forehead because im making them so much money. Yes, its tough, but you need to remember that it's all in your head. STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE. and yes, its possible for anxiety to make you feel these crazy symptoms. the brain is a powerful thing. if youre obsessed with looking things up online, try to search for something positive. Search ways to relieve anxiety, to meditate, and to overcome it. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm exactly the same. I'm constantly poking and prodding myself looking for problems instead of dealing with the ones I have. And when I have diagnosed enough about myself I move onto the child and start there annoying her. It's completely out of hand. But I'm up today and I have limited myself to checking once in morning and once before bed. Hopefully this will be a start
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up