Im new!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was getting a little down on the whole thing... my BMI is 34 and i've tried everything sad The doctor then prescribed me Orlistat.

Still going swimming 4 times a week and cycle to work etc, it's hard as before this year I never used to exercise, but im 21 and need to be thinking of my health.

Been on the tabs for 3 weeks now, not sure if ive lost anything yet will need to wait for the weigh-in!

Reading all your experience makes it alot easier!

Thanks

Gill :lol:

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Reading about the experiences of others does help, but some of the side-effects sound scary to me.......... sad
  • Posted

U go for it Gill.... smile

We`re rite beside u chick. We all want to lose weight...hence we`re here.. smile

Womom:- Ive been on the tabs 4 weeks and not had any effects other than wind. Stick to ur diet and u`ll be fine.... smile

• Posted

remember there is always somone else worse than you like me my bmi is 49 i was nearly 19stone i cannot do things the way i used to and being refused medical insurance for the first time in my life was the trigger i needed. TO SHOUT HELP stick in there.
  • Posted

Thanks Skye/Gwen smile Hope your both well

It's a much bigger help when there are people going through the same thing!

Hopefully we can boost each others confidence & make it a success x

• Posted

Womom: Skye is right, as long as you don't eat foods that are high in fat you won't experience the side effects :wink:

Had anyone signed up for Xenical MAP yet? smile

• Posted

Hi Gill

I have signed up and nearly died in a heap when the very nice lady asked me my weight :oops: told her I would say it quickly and in kilos as it didn't sound as heavy :lol: Anyway, onwards and hopefully downwards towards a new & improved thinner version of me :!: Am psyching myself up for the gym tomorrow......haven't been since Christmas :!:

Kirsty :D

• Posted

Think I might phone up.

Im thinking about joining the gym with u Kirsty... smile BUT, nae mars bars or pizza suppers on the way hame... :lol:

• Posted

what is xenical map???
  • Posted

Haha smile Go you two! Im still swimming, I think im going to enquire about the gym when I go tonight!!

That's good, I went on the website to sign up. Just type in Xenical MAP into google and the website will come up. In order to sign up you will need your box of orlistat for the batch number.

Its basically a diet plan, they will help you and guide you through your weight loss smile I'm still waiting on a phone call!

Hope your all well 8)

• Posted

You phone the number on ya xenical box and tell them you have phoned for advisory help they give you another number and you log your medication etc they then give you 6 months suport you get a box for some booklets you get andthey give you so many calls during the six months it is quite good to know if you are stuck on some fods you can give them a ring to ask about it. The doctor told me to ring it he normally dosent tell people to ring the help number but in this case they did great advisory stuff. But it does give a better idea on what you should be trying to do.
  • Posted

Got my pack today!! Have started to complete my diary cant believe I have had to write down my weight and my waist measurement :oops: but hey ho in for a penny and all that!! I have noted my bust & hip size as well...roll on next week when I get to check it again :wink: Its quite good havint to write down everything you've eaten cause sometimes I forget i've had 3 packets of crisps, 2 mars bars, 14 biscuits :shock: you get the picture :lol: anyway, no more cheating for me lol

K :lol:

• Posted

Can someone tell me the phone number? I dont see one on my box... just an address sad

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi there to you all

You can also receive support from their web site. (Click Here)

Melbi x

• Posted

Got it on the website smile

ta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.