Im new here and need advice i feel crazy and so alone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is Sarah and I'm 30 I've struggled with panic attacks and hypochondriac since I was 18 . At the end of last year I started to get really obsessed about thinking I was going schizophrenic I started to have very bad panic attacks worst in my life I was nearly placed into a mental hospital but luckily I didn't have to go . These panic attacks went for roughly a few weeks they made me feel crazy after the panic attacks stopped I woke up one day and every thing was not right I felt odd and not me anymore like there's something in the way of who I am I can't feel me anymore I kinda remember who I once was before this happened but can't get myself back I feel like I'm living in my head I'm so scared I don't understand why I feel like this am I going insane it's July now and I have felt like this since end of last year why is this not going away I don't have bad panic attacks anymore. . Does anyone know what this feeling is because I feel trapped inside my mind I just won't to feel me again I'm scared , confused and alone no one understands Any help would be so much appreciated thank you ??

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Stay strong Sarah I know exactly how you feel
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sarah, first you need to find out what it is. The easiest way, and probably the least expensive and quickest, is to find an anxiety therapist or counselor, the focus on making sure their field is anxiety. They will be able to confirm or rule out anxiety. Then you can go from there. This really feels important to do right away, to ease your mind and the panic as soon as possible. Let us know what you find out. DO THAT!  You will be okay, Honey.wink

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sarah, you need a diagnosis before anything else can be done, so please go and see your doctor.

I'm sorry you're going through this - it sounds awful. I think that once you have a diagnosis, your doctor will probably prescribe some medication to calm you and treat whatever is wrong.

Don't panic that you have a life-long mental health problem - this could just as easily be something that willl respond to medication plus therapy.

Please post on the site again so that we can support you.   love Tess

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

The feeling of not being yourself is normal eith anxiety. Your brain at this moment is very sensitive and aware and so therefore you would feel sensitive to noise reactions taste etc. All this has a domino effect.

Have you anyone in your life that you can talk to? I.e. family freinds partner etc

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up