im so upset

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey Guys, im having a bad day already and its only 9.50am.

Sadly my nan passed away yesterday so food is my comfort. i havent eaten yet cause i know the things that i want are the worst things ever.

im going to stay strong and stick to my weight watchers and blues to keep my mind off things.

On a good note i am just starting week 11 of my tabs and currently have weight loss of 19 lbs! i am so happy! my nan would be proud!

So guys even when the sh*t hits the fan ( sometims literally on these things lol ) you know that you gotta keep going! love y'all speak soon.

Sarah x x x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Sorry for your loss.

As you say your Nan would be proud of you.

Stay strong and keep going.

Take care

Jane

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry about your Nan. It's such difficult times that turn me to food too.

Think of all the hard work you've put in and the 19lbs you've already lost (Well done!).

I'm sure your Nan would not want you to waste all that effort and hard work.

Good luck. We are all here for you

xx

• Posted

Loss is difficult as we all probably are aware. I put all my weight on from being down/depressed/upset. Comfort food does and doesn't help.

Dont feel you have to restrict yourself too much at this time.

Have a BIKKY :lol: and a cuppa!!! Something little to sit and enjoy. Sounds silly but it sometimes that little bit of comfort is all you need. You dont need to go all out and have a cream cakey or maybe savory madness!!!

My cousin passed away last yr and silly as it sounds i always remember having custard creams with him :oops: because we used to see how long we could hold them in tea when we were younger!to see who's bikky sozzled off first! At his wake his mum brought me a pack of custard creams lol! So Silly but i had a few and do you know what it made me smile !!!!!!!

• Posted

hi sarah im so sorry to hear of ur loss,i know it must be hard not to reach for comforting foods at a time like this.take care urself xx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah.

So sorry to hear of your loss of your nan. My nan died last year aged 91 and although I know she'd had 'a good innings' I was devastated. Food was my consolation but only temporarily. 19lb in 11 weeks is some achievement so try not to go off the rails too much. Try to think of all the good things and keep up the fantastic weight loss.

Regards

Pat

• Posted

Hey Sarah,

So sorry to hear about your Nan. :cry: We are all here for you if you need us. Have a little comfort. You need it a the mo but if you feel yourself wanting to eat the whole packet of bickies, just stop and take a moment to reflect how proud your Nan was about your weight loss. 19lbs is nothing to be sniffed at in such a short space of time. So keep going honey and please don't beat yourself up too much if you do indulge :!:

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

condlences or your loss, be strong hun, I know that it is so hard when food is the comfort. If you know that you need this. I would find something that you can keep eating which helps. Sugar free jelly is always good, coz you can have tons and it takes a while to eat.

Thinking of you Dx

• Posted

Sorry for ur loss Sarah...

Big hug for u....x

• Posted

Sorry to hear this

I still miss my nan (she died many years ago)

Anyway she was and would be proud of you and all you have done so keep up your hard work but I am sure she would understan a small lapse and you mustn't feel guilty if there is one.

I remember going o see The Full Monty with my sister the day before her funeral thinking how she would have laughed as she was a bit of a party animal!

Make sure you have something memorable to make you smile later

Lots of love

Laups

• Posted

Sorry about your loss.

Try and keep you chin up! Your in my thoughts.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Am so sorry about your loss. You keep your chin up honey it is what your nan would want am sure.

That weight loss is fantastic and a heck of an achievement :D

Most of us probably turn to food in a crisis as a comfort but it doesnt solve the problem I am afraid as am sure you know. You just need to take it a day at a time and if you feel the pull of the fridge or the cupboard, go find something else to do, do a puzzle, go for a walk, anything you want.

You will get through this I promise, I lost my parents within 18 months of each other and a good friend who was killed the week before my dad died and I know how hard it is to lose someone you care about.

Remember the good times with your nan and also how far you have come with your weight. If you start shovelling food down your neck now imagine your nan kicking you up the bum which I am sure she would. You can get through this Sarah, trust me.

Thinking of you.

Big bird

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.