im starting the pills on tues and im a little concerned....

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone...

what a great forum this seems to be.

:D

Well, i went to the docs today and she agreed im obese (whoop). i also have an under active thyroid so the pounds dont exactly drop off no matter what i try.

I was told to read carefully about the side effects and thats how ive ended up here.

Im noting the MAPS phone number and i will give them a call for some advice too....but with all you guys out there being proper experienced i reckon you are the best folk to answer (hopefully) my questions.

Ive noticed talk of oil. orange oil.

i take it sanitary pads could be a good purchase?

Do people poo themselves with this pill? i have an hour commute to work all next week and i dont want to poo in my car. :oops:

can anyone out there tell me some really good newbie advice?

Ive been reading lots about eating fat, and that you have to eat a certain amount to enable the pills to work... is this right?

is the \"ahem\" flatulance really bad at the start? should i warn my colleagues? will they call me stinky missp?? :shock:

i hope to hear from you all with some good advice and stories of non poo'age etc.

all the best

P

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi and welcome, I agree, this is a good forum, and everyone is really friendly and helpful.

I have been on the tablets since September, and I've had no accidents to date, if you stick to the amount of fat recommended by MAP, 12-15g per meal, it seems to keep the side effects at bay.

I follow Slimming World's green plan, and it seems to be working, I've lost over 1 and half stone to date.

Make sure you drink plenty of water, and my doctor made sure I was following a low fat diet before starting the tablets, I'm convinced this kept the oil away!

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Gill

xxx

• Posted

hi missp.

Wish you all the best on the bluey's. My Dr. told me to start off by taking just one tablet a day with main meal for first couple of days til I go used to them and then two a day for couple of days and then 3 (if you eat breakfast). I usually only have two a day as I don't eat breakfast and just have a banana about half 10 with a cup of tea. Fortunately no real bad accidents with orange oil to date! I usually go to the loo twice a day since being on these tablets (instead of once before taking the tablets). I notice I definately am more 'Windy' ha ha. I don't measure the amount of fat I eat each meal but try to keep it low. I sort of follow the weight watchers diet. Had my 3rd weigh in a Drs. on Monday and have lost 31lbs!! Yippee!! :D (In 3 months). He is happy for me to stay on tablets as long as I am losing weight.

Hope you get on with the tablets and they help you with the weight loss.

Regards Pat

• Posted

so you dont really have to count the fat?what happens if u dont eat enough?i had my map pack through and on the meal plans,some breakfasts were only 7g fat?
  • Posted

Hi

I am on day 4 now and have had no problems really.

I stick to the recommended fat content, drink water (not 2 litres, currently averaging 1 litre a day) and apart from the 1st 24 hours where I had a lot of belly cramps I have had no side effects whatsoever.

MAP explained to me that if you stick to a low fat diet then you should not suffer.

My 'back door actions' have been normal and solid and only once a day as I usually would be. I have had a boit more wind but nothing too drastic

Best thing about these tablets is that they really make me think before I eat as I havent suffered yet nor do I want the 'orange experience'!

Good luck and stick to a good diet and you should be fine

• Posted

hey

thanks for the replies smile

i will let you all know how i get on and to hopefully not moan too much about the farting and oiling :wink:

missp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.