Immune system compromised 13 weeks post TKR?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think this is a stretch and i just got hit with a particularly nasty bug but I'm curious if anyone has experienced a weaker immune system as far out as post op TKR 13 weeks.

I typically have a strong immune system and rarely get sick. I even had the flu shot pre surgery as added precaution. And I've been healthy up until 3 weeks ago. I am on 2nd round of a now different antibiotic. I have had sinusitis, bronchitis and strep throat these past 3 weeks.

I travelled out of state beginning of March and think i caught something from being on the airplane. But it's really strange as i never take this long to recover.

I was just curious if perhaps my immune system was or still is weakened from accepting the TKR and the surgery. And i wondered if anyone else experienced anything similar.

Thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello. My hair was dead and lank and fell out and nails broken and horrible. My skin was dry and I felt shattered. No I did not get strange infections but now at 12 months, things are getting back to normal. The body is stressed from the surgery and who knows what can happen under stress. Time and care will hopefully heal you. Be patient, eat clean and stay clean and seek medical assistance if you feel you require it. Honey helps sore throats and several family members use garlic, turmeric and zinc to regain immune efficacy.
  • Posted

Don't know about that,but Sure have put the beef on. .  .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.